Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• home page upload?

site stevecambronne.com
    I got my guestbook to work, now I have uploaded my whole site. Everthing works except the home page. It will not open under stevecambronne.com but will open under stevecambronne.com/index.html
    How do I fix this??? Please?????
    Beverlee

Re: home page upload?

I would hazzard a guess to say when you installed your guestbook you installed it onto your root folder instead of making a sub folder. You can try uninstalling your guestbook.
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Requires manual uninstall, and not something for the unfamiliar (usually results in wrong files or sub-directories being deleted in error).

TRY to un-install automatically, and if it does not work, Submit a Ticket to request your account be "restored" to last backed up setpoint (before you installed the guestbook).
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

But my guest book is working, it's my home page that doesn't come up without typing in the /index.html extension.
        Beverlee

Comment

what's your guestbook url?
          Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Originally posted by Beverlee View Post
            But my guest book is working, it's my home page that doesn't come up without typing in the /index.html extension.
            Beverlee
            Because your "main" public_html/ directory can only have a single "index" page, and since your guestbook is php (a dynamic style and the last added) it will "win" the conflict and present first......THAT is why all other blogs, forums, utilities, etc. are always supposed to be published in a separate directory, so there is no conflict of structure (only 1 index page per directory).
            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
            X