Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Printers conflicting ....

Hi,
    I am troubleshooting a Printer problem for a friend.
    I brought his Printer home and it does exactly the same thing when connected to my computer.
    The problem:
    Connecting a HP Laserjet P2105 to one USB port and Cannon IP4200 inkjet to another USB port. (i.e. USB001 & USB002)
    The Cannon will work anytime and can be switched from port to port, however, the data for anything to be printed on the HP will just stay in the print que and a message comes up that says there is a problem and the doc can't be printed.
    Friend has a similar Cannon and he & I couldn't get this HP to work once the Cannon had been used.
    I have the installation disk which requires about 200 mb of space to install the software. Software has been installed on his and also my computers.
    When I try Windows Trouble-shooter, it doesn't lead me to a resolvable remedy or diagnosis.
    I even switched the USB Leads over showing they were not the problem.
    I've spent hours on it but now I need some help or I'll have to give up and get it back to him to take somewhere else. (We are remote from larger towns where computer technicians might be located.)
    thanks for your time,
    Rick

Re: Printers conflicting ....

I forgot to mention that both computers are XP Pro SP2 O/S
    Rick

Comment

i am troubleshooting an internet connection but the external moderm is not being recognised by windows xp service pack 2

Comment

Hi,

In the print dialogue box you will have to select first which printer
        you are using to print your current document.

You have to keep on changing to the printer you would like to use as default to print your doc.
        www.siapamoyanganda.com/
        Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
        State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

I noticed the date of the original post. I hope you got your printer problem fixed Rick. As for the network problem you should have opened a new thread. That being said, is this a dial up connection, DSL, or what?
          Mike

Any excuse for non performance only weakens the charactor

In God We Trust

Comment

Working...
          X