Setting up Email...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting up Email...

I want to set up email, but I don't have outlook or any of those other programs that blue voda wants me to set the account up in. Can't I just make an email in the Cpanel and send and recieve emails there?

Re: Setting up Email...

Yes, you can. But it seems to me rather improbable that your computer doesn't have an email client installed. And it is so much easier sending and recieving emails directly from your desktop....

If you don't have one, simply search the net, download and install one.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Ok I am an idiot, I do have Microsoft Office I just have to set up an account with them. I will try setting up the email through them and see if that works out. Thanks for your help!

Comment

Microsoft Office includes Outlook. However, Outlook Express is much faster and simpler. If you have Vista you certainly can download and install Windows Mail and Windows Live Mail. You also have a lot of other options (incredimail, in example)

And, you don't have to do anything with Microsoft, everything is setup in your own desktop
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Ok, I set up the email in Microsoft Outlook 2003...I can send emails, but I cannot recieve them...any ideas?

Comment

Follow this entire thread, and note the trouble-shooting comments especially....
            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

I read all that...but my problem is that I cannot recieve emails to my new email address via outlook. I can send email through outlook via my new address but when I try sending to that address nothing comes through outlook.

Comment

You apparently "read" the thread, but did not fully understand: did you verify all the setup, and then shut down your system, unplug the modem, wait --- and then re-boot?

IF your setup is absolutely correct, there can be nothing wrong, other than your computer not saving (upon shutdown : creating new "set point") and then recognizing the new configuration (on re-boot)!

Comment

There is ONE setting that mainly affects mail recieving : Check the "Include account in the reception...." checkbox in your Outlook settings (Tools, Accounts, Properties, General) and try again.
                  Navaldesign

Comment

>> If the "Checklist" I mentioned in the thread is followed to the "T" then if they get past Sending a Test Email, it is a matter of Outlook initializing the new configuration: actually recieving/connecting, based on the new settings.....right?

Comment

I just got it to work. Thanks for your help!

How would I go about setting up other email accounts and having employees checking their new personal emails?

Comment

Add additional email accounts in the cPanel under the EMAIL icon....send them copies of the Steps I made in the other thread, and make sure they follow it precisely.

Comment

The setting i suggested only affects reception. The "Server needs authentication" affects sending. Correct sending doesn't mean that the reception part is set correctly, and viceversa.

Sorry Eric, i didn't see my above suggestion in your checklist.

heinm, what is it that you actually changed to make it work ?
                          Navaldesign

Comment

1. Open Outlook, and click on > TOOLS > EMAIL ACCOUNTS
                            2. Click > ADD EMAIL ACCOUNT
                            3. Click > POP3 ACCOUNT
                            4. Enter top left "User Information" section the User Name as created (Name ; Full.Name ; Full_Name, etc.)
                            5. Enter email address using all lower case (user @domainname.com)
                            6. In entering "Logon Information" User Name is email address all lower case and use the "+" symbol instead of the "@" symbol: user+domain.com
                            It is important you use the "+" symbol here and not the "@" symbol!
                            7. Enter PASSWORD as created
                            8. Tick "Remember Password" box
                            9. Enter "Incoming POP3" server and "Outgoing SMTP" server the same information: mail.domainname.com
                            10. Click > MORE SETTINGS button > GENERAL tab, enter User Name Complete (i.e. Susan Smith / Company Name)
                            11. Click > OUTGOING SERVER tab, tick box "My Outgoing (SMTP) Server Requires Authentication"
                            12. Click > ADVANCED tab, move "Timeout" slide a bit, and reset to "1 minute 30 seconds"
                            13. Click > OK to return to setup dialog, click on > TEST ACCOUNT SETTINGS to send test email. Should be successful....if not, is usually a connection glitch, or a false "read" by Outlook itself. Most of the time you will discover an email successfully sent when opening Outlook again once it is shut down and 'resets' itself with new configurations = saving settings.
                            14. Click > NEXT to finish setup! You're done!

For the most part, these instructions are for those setting up Outlook or Express for the first time, and as such, this email "account" will automatically become the "default" ..... when adding others or any subsequent, the option will always present to reset the default or to simply let be part of the "group" which is a choice at the end of the setup dialog....

Comment

Indeed, this is a SENDING setting. The recieving one is the one i posted above..

Since there was a RECEPTION issue (sending was ok) i suggested this.
                              Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                              X