Using an image as a background ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using an image as a background ????

If you take a look at my index page you can see I used an image for my background. In my browser it looks fine. But when I view it on a bigger monitor the image is tiled. How do I fix it so it is not tiled. Keep in mind I use the BlueVoda software to build it, so I would need to know how to fix it in the software. I would like it to be one image not a tiled one.

I viewed the page html and was going to change height and width to 100% but I cannot make changes in the generated html. HELP!!!!

Dave

Re: Using an image as a background ????

You have to size it to exact size required, and position it properly.

Rather than set your image that is sized say, 1000 wide to function as a background (so just about all screens would see a portion viewable) you set the image itself as a background, so when a view is say 1400 wide on a widescreen or a 19", your image being only 1000 wide will tile to cover the exposed area.

Again...resize your single image to say 1500 wide, lay it in top-left to the BV browser, and center-align (stradle) your 900 wide page using the top ruler at the 750 mark. Be sure to tick "Center in Browser" in Page Properties. As long as you are in Page Properties, choose a complimentary color to be background, so if by chance a visitor scrolls down too far, a color will not look as funky as white, and the image itself will define the "end of page".....
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Re: Using an image as a background ????

Vasili,

Thanks for replying. I am not sure I understand how to resize the image. While in the BV software viewing my index page I right click go to page properties>background to choose my image. Under that tab there is no where to specify image size. If I go to the general tab I can specify "page width and height" (currently set at 800x1020) but there is no where for image size.

Also, If I change my "page size" to say 1500 width it makes it so you have to scroll left and/or right to view my whole page. If you scroll completely to the right you still see a tiled image at 1500 width. This also happens when I click the "center in browser" checkbox. This is what I am trying to avoid. I am trying to get the page to just show the image (without tiling or scrolling) when the page is viewed.

Thanks,
      Dave

Comment

Working...
      X