Can animated image inserts mess up my website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can animated image inserts mess up my website

I downloaded the website index page from the Internet as I have done before without any problems. I then went to a website for a free animated flag and saved it in my images folder. Then I added the image onto my web page per BV. Then I clicked saved and publish and it said it published. Now when I open the website via using the Internet Its all messed up. So, I went into FTP to see if it loaded into my public_ folder and I don't see it there. SO, then I looked on the left hand side of my screen and found it. I wanted to check to see if I could open it and make sure its the correct one that I would bring over to the right side. When I tried to open it, it opened in WordPad. Then I tried to re-open it again with BV file format and all my files started to change to html format although the .bvp was the suffix on the file. What a mess! Can anyone help? Did the animations thing mess it up? I need real help.
    thanks
    kc

Re: Can animated image inserts mess up my website

What's your site ?
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

my website is www.jeffersoncountyhealthdepartmentwv.org

Other pages that I type in such as www.jeffersoncountyhealthdepartmentwv.org/threat_preparedness.html shows...

I tried to add c:\documents and settings\lh339b\my documents\bluevoda\images\us_flag_clipart1_T.gif and now my index is messed up. I can't even see it in FTP

My IP is 74.86.118.21
      My username is: ?????????
      My password is: ?????????

I know this is personal info but its a non-profit site and nothing on there is not public info....

Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Please - Please - Please Never Never post here your details,

it is not only your site that is in danger, the entire server is!!!

I will have a look at your site now, and then i will post. Immediately after, PLEASE change your Password!!
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

You did NOT publish your page, you uploaded it!! when you upload directly from your computer, the page is in .bvp format, which is NOT web visible.

Publish your page using the BV Publish button please.
          Navaldesign

Comment

Ohh! I will change it asap! Sorry about that.

I do know to use the save and the publish button on the bv builder page at the top and it said it was published. Why are my files in FTP showing up in WordPad?

Going to change my password now!

Comment

I am not even sure what you mean "Why are my files in FTP showing up in WordPad". Please clarify.
              Navaldesign

Comment

in ftp I can preview a page. when i click on the file i get boxes and junk and at the top it says word pad. my bv icon looked more faint than ususal. I then tried to open the file by right clicking on the file and scrolled down to "open with" and the bv webpage software opens up. So, basically, I can't preview my pages.

Comment

Now all the bvp pages have an internet icon in front of it and when I try to open it, it asks if I want to open or save it, so I click on open, and then the ftp jumps to the next file above it, and does the same thing all over again.

It sounds like the animation did mess something up ? Maybe I should go back and reopen every page in bv and save it as bvp file again, like it was before.... my boss is not going to be too happy about this. We people here in beautiful west virginia think my ****py site is sliced bread (lol).

Comment

What is a Q2 file? This is what is showing for my index... index.q2 even though I take off the animated icon, save and publish

Comment

The animation has nothing to do with this.

please follow my instrctions:

Browse your BlueVoda folder in your computer. Right click on ANY BV page (in example your index.bvp)
                      Select Properties.
                      Then "Open with" and select BlueVoda

At this point, all your BV files should open normally simply double clicking on them.

However, the normal way to open a BV page would be to first open BV and then click on Open and search your page to open.
                      Navaldesign

Comment

Who knows? when clicked, it displays what your index page should be. Though it is quite strange how it is displayed...
                        Navaldesign

Comment

ok, I will try it. all of my .bvp files are saying .bvp_auto....

I opened my index but there isn't an index.bvp there only an index.html I have an index.html and an index.q2

Comment

Well, thanks for helping but its not working...

My index page is not there as before and not sure why... maybe I need a fresh start on it in the morning. I still don't understand a lot of what happened in my ftp such as bvp files saying they are .bvp_auto_format, to all my bvp files with internet icons in front of them, to my index page not uploading. I think a fresh start may clarify some thinking. Thanks for your effort:)

Comment

Hi, it seem like you havnt created an index page & published it (NOT UPLOADED) The 2 below that you have on your server are there because you uploaded them. Uploading the BV pages will not work.
                              Good luck.
                              Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
                              X