Graphic corruption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graphic corruption

I have this problem, in my site, www.ilmurodelsorriso.org, i control the page in preview, and its ok, publish the page, and it's ok... reopen the page after a couple of hour and the page is corrupted... the graphics elements are confused and mixed... help me please i break my head on a wall....
    Sorry for my terrible english.

Thanks, and Happy Easter to All.
    Andrea aka madj65

P.s. My associaton, is a no profit association to sustain abandoned chidren in India, we care 400 child in Orissa and Kerala.

See you

Re: Graphic corruption

Hi, i noticed that the image in the attachment was very slow loading? But it was about 285kb which is not massive. It may have something to do with being a png image, but i thought these were ok to use with BV now.
    Try using the one below & republish to see if it helps. Its only 20kb, but is a jpg so hasn't got a transparent background.
    Attached Files
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks, but he problem appear in corrispondance of the button menu... see the page called mission (www.ilmurodelsorriso.org/associazione.html) and you see a star and a arrow... I don't have insert this graphics element in the page.
      If I charge a jpg image this appare whit a gray background... it's very bad to see.
      Thanks a lot
      Andrea

Comment

Hi, all your pages seemed to be loading fine at my end (including the buttons) But for some reason, that image is slow to load. The pages could be timing out before they are fully loaded because of the time its taking the larger image to load. As a quick test, take that large image off the page & republish to try the page without it, to see if it loads ok & the buttons are ok. If it works ok, then the image will have to be optimized.
        Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

ok, thanks very much... when arrive at home tonite I tray... from the office it's impossible to use bv ... under the firewall don't work .

see you

Andrea

Comment

Hi .. the png image shows up at 359 kbs for me and near 900 x 1000 and takes a walloping 35 seconds itself downloading on an isdn connection - and the most you want this page taking on an isdn connection is 17 seconds and the most we want on the page is 200 kbs ..

so yes, as Chris says it is the image that is slowing things down ..

If your image is resized to the size you are actually using you will be okay

I have reduced it's physical size for you and is has reduced the kbs to 79 - you could even go lower if you went to www.dynamicdrive.com - put in this image attached in their image optimizer and optimize it - you might even get this physical size optimized to about 40 kbs .. and it is still a png that you can use on any colored background ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Fine, thanks, I change all the size of the image... another white night! bat the corruption problem appair in anothe page whitout "fat" graphics.... same as this :www.ilmurodelsorriso.org/mission.html or view the attachments "sample.gif".
              I try to republish, delete directly to server... the preview is ok... but the error
              reappair... magically?

thanks a lot for the help

and Happy Easter at all

Andrea
              Ps. sorry for my terrible english!
              Attached Files

Comment

67 kbs when I optimized it online .. so this one is even a bit better for you ..

just hang in there cause I know Chris will likely come with one that is about 40 kbs .. LOL

And then carbon terry may come around with one at 20 kbs ..

so if you hang out until the rabbit comes and goes you might get it down to 10 ks .. then you will be hopping!!.... LOL

Good Luck ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                02036089024 / United Kingdom
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Ok, all the problem are the "fat" image, i try to optmize all, and hope... thanks for the resample image.
                  But the button, is a BV standard template and mission.html not have fat graphics...

do you like the site?

see you and thanks a lot
                  Andrea

Comment

Hi Andrea,
                    I see what you are talking about on the Mission page. I don't know how these images have become your Button Images (prior to mouseover), but the first thing I would be looking at would be the Menu Properties for that page. You know when you create a Navigation Bar, you get a choice of button images for initial image and a second for mouseover. Look into that setting and see what the setting shows currently. Those images (the starburst and Arrow) could have gotten into your Navigation folder as images and you accidentally clicked/selected them??)
                    Anyway, look there first.

Comments on a couple of other problems I noticed on your site.
                    1. As Chris pointed out (and now I see Karen also), that image needs reducing. However, you have the same image (logoweb.png) appearing on different pages, same Kbs, but different dimensions (pixels). I'd be sizing image by pixels to what you want and then reducing kbs to retain quality but reduce size. Try not to use "handles" to adjust image size.

2. Your photo album pages ..... the Thumbnail images are bigger file sizes than the actual photo. E.g. Images at say 5 kb and thumbnails at 20 kb. You need to reverse all these. :)

3. Some pages are centred and others not. (hard left)

4. Some pages have Text that is all distorted. I suspect you have used a font that is NOT Web Friendly. eg's: http://www.ilmurodelsorriso.org/duburi.html

Hope you get the Buttons sorted.

regards,
                    Rick

Comment

thanks a lot Rick... the problem with the image ... i tray to solve as soon as possible, the original graphics is made by inkscape and are in *.svg format...
                      and have a lot of problem to trasform in a bv compatible format... but whit the Ladyeye solution i hope to solve this problem.
                      I use ocr extended font in all the site and trasform to .gif image with the option in panel on property.
                      The last night I publish the page and view correclty text, graphics... all.

The page have a block of text and three links under.

Thats all folks... thanks a lot for your help.

Happy Easter! Buona Pasqua!

Comment

Hi, i am not sure why or how it has happened? But your star image on your main page has the same url as your mouse-out on the menu on the page with the problem. http://www.ilmurodelsorriso.org/bv01079.gif
                        I can only suggest redoing these two items again.
                        Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks, i have a lot of control to make tonight .
                          When the control is finish I report to the fotum the results.

Best Regards.

Andrea

Comment

Originally posted by madj65 View Post
                            Thanks, i have a lot of control to make tonight .
                            When the control is finish I report to the fotum the results.

Best Regards.

Andrea
                            Alleluja... The problem has been solved. I was selected by the "publish the text as an image. Gif"
                            Eliminated the option everything went OK, I replaced those images with light version, now goes much better.
                            Thanks a lot.
                            Andrea

Comment

Working...
                            X