Relative positioning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Relative positioning?

I have had blue voda for 2 years and had my website www.meadowskydesigns.com for the same amount of time.
    I am trying to set up an email marketing account with icontact but when I use a webpage that I created for my newsletters the footer that is automatically created by icontact keeps coming out at the top right over my logo.
    They say that I should be using relative positioning not absolute and that is why it is happening. Any help with doing this?
    Thank you

Re: Relative positioning?

The only way to do this, because this is a BV trait, it to do it with traditional HTML coding perhaps setting your header or footer in a table with the images etc from your site or making an html mock up.

Absolute positioning is how voda locks down the images that it generates and positions them on the page provide in their proprietary coding.. so Im afraid thats the only work around I know to fix it.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

You have this problem because you have pasted the code in the Inside Body Tag of your page html.

You can, instead, paste the code in a html box. Make the box the same dimensions as the form that will appear on the live page, and position it wherever you like.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I recommend using Aweber.com for your email marketing. It's less than $20 per month, and best of all, very easy to use.

They will deliver minimum 99% of your email broadcasts.

Just a thought....

Best regards,
        Boris
        www.MyWorldIndex.com Your Daily Stop!
        FREE Marketing eBooks - FREE Website Traffic - FREE Google Ads - FREE AdWords Marketing Research Toolbar

Comment

Naval

Ive had this problem ON BLANK pages where no code has been added simply a header and navigation bar. BV positions the elements differently and when you try to cut out the exact html to put into another application you get these relative and absolute positioning errors because bv divisions a whole section of the page almost like an image. Ive even tried created pages the exact size like for a navigation element, or the header only to the exact width and length and still have the issue. Only way ive been able to work it is to code similar in html, pullin the bv gif seperately and then cut out the code that i need.

Specifically.. same issue as this thread

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Karen, i am not sure that i follow you.

When you place ANY code in a html box, the coordinates system for the code that is in the box, becomes the top left corner of the html box.

So, by moving the html box around in the page, you also move what is created by the code, whatever that is, a banner, or a form, or an image.

It is true that BV uses absolute coordinates for its divs, and, the html box is a div, so the visual effect that is created by the code in the html box, is moved around the page when you move the box.

When you do the opposite, that is cutting code from BV to place in other applications, you need to remove the entire first line (<div .... style.... etc) as well as the last line (</div>) and only keep the "pure" html code. In this way you can paste the code in other applications.
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
            X