Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Dreamweaver to maintain site

Hi

I want to use Dreamweaver to maintain my site but do not have the original website files on my computer. Is there anyway i could download them from the vodahost control panel to my computer.

Many Thanks

Re: Using Dreamweaver to maintain site

Yes.
    Find the FILE MANAGER icon, and from that interface you can download anything to your computer.

If your experience difficulty using that method, set up an FTP account, and access your directory directly. You will need to set up FTP account/access anyway, if you plan on using Dream to load pages to your site...

The last suggested method would be to use the Blue FTP tool within Blue Voda (TOOLS > Blue FTP) to copy down files.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Dreamweaver has a built in FTP that will let you edit the files directly on the site, but it won't let you download them through it. You will need an external ftp to download the files to your computer using a ftp

Register/Login Script
      Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
        You will need to set up FTP account/access anyway, if you plan on using Dream to manage to your site fully....
        "mis-typed" assuming he was already familiar with how Dream works (having built the site). Thanks!

Comment

Hi yes i went into the file manager and it seems that i can only upload from ther, or am i looking in the wrong place?

Comment

Right.....
            That is why I mentioned setting up a new FTP account/access ..... look for the FTP icon in your control panel.
            And, there is the simplified means of actually using Blue Voda's (VodaHost's free web builder) built-in "Blue FTP" to copy down files easily .... take a quick look at this thread for additional options.

Download Blue Voda

Comment

Working...
            X