Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add on domains V Multiple Accounts

Hi,
    What is the difference between the two? Add ons would be cheaper, are there any reasons why one way would be better than the other?
    Russ

Re: Add on domains V Multiple Accounts

Originally posted by 200thousand View Post
    Hi,
    What is the difference between the two? Add ons would be cheaper, are there any reasons why one way would be better than the other?
    Russ
    An account is a Hosting Account and comes with ONE cPanel access and is say $95/year. On that account you can have as many ADD-ON Domains as you like but you have them ALL controlled through your ONE cpanel. Each domain has a unique www.name.com but are in subfolders to your main Public Folder on your server. You purchase your domain names separately from either vodahost or a registra within your own country as the case may be.
    NOTE: Each domain must be owned by the same person that has the account. (you cannot create domains or sites for other people on your account)
    Domain names vary in cost depending on type and country.
    You can build websites for other people from your computer BUT each must have their own hosting account with VodaHost.

Comment

Originally posted by 200thousand View Post
      What is the difference between the two? Add ons would be cheaper, are there any reasons why one way would be better than the other? Russ
      I presently have more than 6 accounts here at VodaHost to better manage my more than 150 domain names, three of which accounts are Dedicated IP Accounts for the express purpose of maintaining single domain shopping carts, each with the proper SSL certification for security for consumers and integrity of the site itself. To add such protection of an SSL cert to a website (be it a shopping cart or not) requires a separate Dedicated IP account, which is extra cost in addition to the basic account charge.

I have benefitted from the simple "organization" of my many domains and sites afforded me by grouping them in accounts of their own primarily due to the very low VodaHost charges for them, each of which boasts unbeatable features and capacities of bandwidth: I have tried to balance the band use across multiple accounts rather than strain one or two and continually resort to paying extra for monthly band allottment.

Another "allottment" issue would be the restrictions established for outgoing emails: if you have multiple sites that regularly conduct email marketing or from which you send out large blasts, the allowances per account might hamper your planned activity.

This is why I have spread my "busy" sites across multiple accounts, with additional "lesser" sites addded to each --- I can better manage the traffic to each (bandwidth) and more efficiently conduct my email marketing without hesitation.

And, another concern might be your use of Soholaunch, which is restricted to a given number of installations per account.

It really is up to you and how you envision your online presence, and how you prefer to manage it overall!
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thankyou both for your advice and thoughts, very helpful.
        Russ

Comment

Working...
        X