Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sending email via outlook express

Hi,
    I have set up my email account in outlook express and I am getting this message when I try and send an email.

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'mail.cakeladycakes.com', Server: 'mail.cakeladycakes.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

I dont know what this means. can you help me please??
    thanks
    liz

www.cakeladycakes.com

Re: sending email via outlook express

First suggestion looking at the error code I would say is to check, check, and recheck your username and password are correct.

Make sure, 'my server requires authentication' is ticked

Who is your ISP? You are in the UK aren't you?
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

(Connection Issue)
      Also check to be sure:
      1. you have reset the timeout to at least 1 minute 30 seconds
      2. you have ticked "My server require authentication"
      3. you have ticked "Use Same As Incoming Server"

Best if you simply follow this post precisely .....
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
        (Connection Issue)

Best if you simply follow this post precisely .....
        Except for point 9 as you are in the UK.
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

i get an error message on outlook express...host cannot be found...how can i fix this problem?

Comment

Run the "Outlook/Express" troubleshooting tool in your cPanel EMAIL setup area.

Assuming you did in fact set up the email accounts and follow the steps mentioned in this thread precisely....

Comment

Hi. yep i am in the uk. does that mean I have to do something different for number 9? My ISP is Be (www.bethere.co.uk). I followed the instruction post but im still getting the same message. also when i go back to australia will i have the same trouble when i change my isp?

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'Liz Russell', Server: 'mail.cakeladycakes.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

cheers.

Comment

Apparently Soooo!

Comment

Originally posted by cakelady View Post
                  Hi. yep i am in the uk. does that mean I have to do something different for number 9? My ISP is Be (www.bethere.co.uk). I followed the instruction post but im still getting the same message. also when i go back to australia will i have the same trouble when i change my isp?

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'Liz Russell', Server: 'mail.cakeladycakes.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

cheers.
                  Possibly. Check with them.

Comment

Working...
                  X