What is Backround Image Size?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is Backround Image Size?

Is there a pre-set page size I should be working with? I'm trying to upload an image to the background. When I do so, the image is too big and I don't know how to adjust it to the appropriate size. I adjusted the image to 72 DPI and then it came up as tiles (8 of the same images linked together on the page). I just want it to be one image. How do I do this? Please Help.
    What should the height and width be?

Re: What is Backround Image Size?

the designed old time size is 800wide x 600high pixels. the more up to date size is 1024wide x what ever height the page will be. here is a good example of the background being 910wide x 1000 high.
    www.patsmelkoff.com
    it would be easier if we saw the background you want to put in. do you know the size of each page? when you get a picture lets say 2500 x 1500 you can use pix resizer to make the page smaller. if you can publish what you are doing it would help me to determine what to do.
    hope this helps
    mrmagoo144
    mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Re: What is Backround Image Size?

Hi, not an easy one to do unless you can say that the users are all using the same resolution & all your pages will be the same length. But as mrmagoo said, you would be better posting the image so we can see.
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

To accommodate 90%+ of all viewable screens (including widescreen laptops and desktop monitors), you must allow for a minimum of 1500 pixels wide if not to show any border or border "haze" and at least 800 pixels deep ..... it would be safe to say, however, that if your image at 1500 wide looks ***** enough to actually use, standard proportions would leave you with a depth of around 900, which for most is far large enough to "fit" a page definition into without causing more creative frustrations.

Just remember to "center in browser" no matter how wide your actual page is set to be: play it smart and keep your actual page under 900 pixels wide!
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
        X