Configuring email with Windows Mail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Configuring email with Windows Mail

I've found a few posts related to this problem but haven't found any definite answers on any of them. I try to complete the setup and Windows Mail says this:

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'mail.poolmechanix.com', Server: 'mail.poolmechanix.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10053, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

My domain is poolmechanix.com if that's relevant. I've put in my full email address as user name.
    Not sure what else to do.

Re: Configuring email with Windows Mail

Who is your isp? they may require that all outgoing goes thru them, so you will have to use their protocols to send. Recieving shouldnt be a problem.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Charter is my ISP. I'm actually able to send now but still can't receive.

Comment

Check the "Synchrize the account during the Reception ..." checkbox in your Outlook Express Account Properties
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I did that. . . Didn't make any difference though.

Comment

im having the same problems with out look ex have you sorted it yet i want to use my windows live but dont know how to do it

Comment

I forgot I posted this, but just an update, I figured it out finally, sort of. It is an issue with Windows Mail which came with Win Vista. I set it up through outlook express on my machine that runs XP with no problem.
              A lot of people don't like Vista, I think it's awesome. . . long as I'm not using it.

Comment

I dont have problems once i got over the administrator thing.. windows mail works exactly the same as outlook.

Karne

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                02036089024 / United Kingdom
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
                X