Help please!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please!!

We are building a our 3rd website with bluevoda. The first 2 were a breeze. I don't know if we are having problems because of vista which is new to us or what is happening. 4 times we have built the pages and published them, 4 times now when we go to open website builder we get the message failed to open document. We are unable to open the program AGAIN! Previously we've uninstalled and reinstalled and started over. I watched the video on backup files from control panel and did a full backup. Downloaded the attachment, nothing. Went to FTP no files there. Tried copying the entire files off cpanel into FTP that didn't work. How do we get the pages back so we don't have to build them again for the 5th time? This is so frustrating! Thanks

Re: Help please!!

Should have done a little background here in VodaTalk about using Vista first.....few people apparently are doing well with it, for I hear more that run into all sorts of snags --- not to say it's all funky, but for the majority it seems to have been just the trigger to pull to revert back to XP.

Think this is bad? Wait until next Spring when MS rolls out "Vienna" which is all online applications only: your computer won't even function unless you have internet connection! Think of how fun that will be! MS is trying to "assure" everyone that that is the "safest" way to prevent viruses, update programs (on the hosting side automatically), and offer more function......kinda makes you wonder why all the scrambling to grab bigger chairs ringside on the Search beach and the "wireless" networks, eh?
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

I have been using BV with Vista for a year or so. At the start i was having some issues with the Vista protection issues.

Try the following:
      Go in the BV folder (Programs, BlueVoda Website Builder) and right click on the BV exe icon. Select Properties, Compatibility, and then check the checkbox "Run the program in compatibility mode" (or something like that) then from the dropdown select your OS (Windows XP SP2 or other)

Please note that even if your software doesn't work anymore, it is impossible that the files are lost. Once written in your hard disk, they can NOT disappear, even if you reinstall the software 100 times.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
        Think this is bad? Wait until next Spring when MS rolls out "Vienna" which is all online applications only: your computer won't even function unless you have internet connection! Think of how fun that will be! MS is trying to "assure" everyone that that is the "safest" way to prevent viruses, update programs (on the hosting side automatically), and offer more function......kinda makes you wonder why all the scrambling to grab bigger chairs ringside on the Search beach and the "wireless" networks, eh?
        This is not a Microsoft Original idea, SUN has been telling so since 15 years in the past. The idea was that of having an essential terminal and all the processing done on the server. And it will probably be so after some years.
        Microsoft was the worst enemy of such idea (at the time such a solution was against their interests (DOS and then the first Windows version could simply not exist in such an environment). Now, that they have a good pasrt of the internet business theirs, they seem to change opinion.
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign View Post
          This is not a Microsoft Original idea, SUN has been telling so since 15 years in the past. The idea was that of having an essential terminal and all the processing done on the server. And it will probably be so after some years.
          Microsoft was the worst enemy of such idea (at the time such a solution was against their interests (DOS and then the first Windows version could simply not exist in such an environment). Now, that they have a good pasrt of the internet business theirs, they seem to change opinion.
          My point exactly!
          Most mainline business apps have been doing this successfully for the last 5-10 years already, but only because they are not as egotistical or greedy as MS....

Now that "Johnny-Come-Lately Microsoft" buys it's place at the table, we can only imagine the mess they will create by their ill-prepared ability to dominate the personal computer market. Pray they continue to "partner" effectively, and allow the real experts with the ability the access to supply them with the logistical infrastructure that will be required....keep them (MS) at the drawing tables thinking up pretty OS screens and the like!

Comment

Hmm. Here is where i disagree. Although MS has its dominating plans, a solution that sees the applications running on the server and only rendered on the users terminal, will alow more players to come into the game. Imagine Mac OX. It was always years ahead compared to Windows, but didn't have a chance because of wrong decisions about close architecture etc. ..

Since the user definetely chooses the product that better suits him, in an environment where probably all applications will be in C++, all players will have equal chances to create quality products (software) and attract customers. I do understand that stronger (economically) players will have more possibilities, but this is another issue, it has always been so.
            Navaldesign

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign View Post
              Hmm. Here is where i disagree. Although MS has its dominating plans, a solution that sees the applications running on the server and only rendered on the users terminal, will alow more players to come into the game. Imagine Mac OX. It was always years ahead compared to Windows, but didn't have a chance because of wrong decisions about close architecture etc. ..
              Since the user definetely chooses the product that better suits him, in an environment where probably all applications will be in C++, all players will have equal chances to create quality products (software) and attract customers. I do understand that stronger (economically) players will have more possibilities, but this is another issue, it has always been so.
              Not likely. That is all part of the strategy of partnering effectively and licesensing slectively: it's all about who controls the foundations and access, and that is why the mad dash to re-align manufacturing partners with accessibility partners (briefly, the wireless grabs and sharing of code across previously exclusive media types) >> the majority of "conributors" historically have been those who provide 'alternative' methods or means. You mentioned *****/MAC? A prime example of this is their emergence with a "consumer appealing" phone, as simply another revenue producing product that they can 'introduce' and capitalize on while the consumer is still craving new gadgets: they learned long ago that there is more money following the consumer electronics cycles, evidenceed by lackluster performance in delivering new/better computers and shifting foucus on gaming and communications (hence the *** and Phone)

Again (and part of the above points), most contributors only "contribute" primarily as alternatives to, or as a result of proprietary development: good example is the Oracle and Sybase Partner Programs (which I am intimately familiar, as with Sun's) which for all intents and purposes develop exclusively for the benefit of established products or concepts, for when access to the distribution that is controlled, more effort is focused on serving the private markets and specific stable apps that evolve according to needs of business (the only ones that can afford to tweak).

Absolutely, on both sides of the fence: Microsoft with their bank are buying up multiple markets and mediums (wireless companies/cell networks, search, data processing, "retail" online consumer portals, alternative tech placements - like Sync in cars, to be followed with the MS Home Butler system; etc.) while 'awarding' cohesive licensing partnerships ... and ... business, which continues to truly drive the market (whether or not they feel obliged to MS or the others) with their constantly evolving need to streamline processes and improve "productivity" of the data previously ignored, since business will always invest a disproportinate amount of funds to preserve potential (the future) -- whereas consumers can't see past their own arms length.

Simply, for those that are willing to understand what is being 'engineered' with regard to computer technologies, it does not bode well for the common man (who will always struggle just to wire the things up and open email). I feel I have ample reason to keep whispering about the "ominous trends" being put forth by MS and Google as the internet struggles for an independent identity and direction......

Good little discourse, General! Ευχαριστώ!

IMO

Comment

Just to add [Not likely]: there have always been and there will always be some geniouses that invent things (technology, new ideas, the future or part of it). Making the products (software) platform independent (because that is what it will become, and this is the reason MS runs in this direction) WILL allow (in my opinion) more players to come into the scene.

I rarely enter in such discusions, but this has been a good one! Thanks Eric!
                Navaldesign

Comment

Thanks Naval I've changed the compatablity in bluevoda. I've tried to find the files on the computer by searching for bv files, also by the actual name of the page. I'm unable to locate them. Also cannot find them via the program. Not too computer **** here, how do I locate them on the hard drive?

Comment

Usually: Computer Resources -> On the top left corner there is a input field with a lense mark (that's for search),
                    Enter .bvp and hit enter.

It will come up with all the .bvp files found (if it finds anything).
                    Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                    X