This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to name pages in BV with multiple sites

I have 2 domains, How do I name the pages in Blue Voda, Both index pages cannot be named "index" or they save over each other. I even tried adding another folder and separating each site in its own folder but that still dont work.

sbleez

Re: How to name pages in BV with multiple sites

Your first site's BV files might have been saved (automatically, by BV) to a folder named "BlueVoda." If so, you probably need to go into that folder and create one folder for site A and another for site B. Make sure neither of these two folders is inside the other.

Based on what I've seen in the BV tutorial videos and in this forum, having separate folders is the ONLY way you can have multiple BV sites, as each site's home page HAS to be named "index."

I have several sites through VodaHost. For each of those sites I have a separate folder on my PC's hard drive containing all BlueVoda files (one per page of the given site), including a page named "index" for the site's home page.

Comment

I tried that once I had a folder named dog and church in BV, I already had the church site up and going, so i was trying to build the dog site, but when I saved and published the dog site, it replaced the church "index" page with the dog "index" page. I will try it again. Thanks sbleez

Comment

Hi ..

What Jim is telling you is to have individual folders on your own computer named by each of your domains and store the .bvp files you create with blue voda in their individual folders on your computer.

For each domain you will need to publish to their separate directories.

public_html is the directory for your main domain

public_html/addondomain is the directory for this add on domain you created ..

You need to type this domain name after public_html/ when you publish to this domain and remove it when publishing to your main domain ..
        (You may, or may not have to add the .com after your domain name when you publish, try without and try with)

Republish your index page for your main domain to public_html and this will fix that ..

If you have already overwritten your index page for your main domain on your computer, well .. you might have to rebuild it ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

ok, I will try that

Comment

woo hoo it worked, without the .org thanks so much your wonderful. sbleez

Comment

Working...
            X