Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Creating longer pages? Difference .bvp and .html?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creating longer pages? Difference .bvp and .html?

- in the left side of the screen there is a bar which indicates how far below you are going. By holding the bottom bar you can drag it further down with your mouse, but I cannot seem to go below 1300. This is a pity as this means that I cannot type really long articles because I cannot go further down than the 1300. Is there a way to go further down, so that I can type longer articles?

- what is the difference between saving a page as for example biography.html or saving it in a subfolder "biography" as biography.bvp ?
    I have installed BlueVoda both at work and at home, during breaks at work I like to design pages which after completing them I send to my home email address. Once at home I then save them in the BlueVoda folder on my hard drive, however it is not clear to me if I should save the pages as .bvp or .html before sending them? I did notice usually BlueVoda opens both formats, though I would like to know in what format I should send them to my home computer ideally.
    "It's better to die on your feet than to live on your knees"

Re: Creating longer pages? Difference .bvp and .html?

I can't help with the first question, I don't use BV so I haven't a clue.

Send the .bvp since you need the .bvp file to publish to your vodahost account.

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Originally posted by gerrit View Post
      - in the left side of the screen there is a bar which indicates how far below you are going. By holding the bottom bar you can drag it further down with your mouse, but I cannot seem to go below 1300. This is a pity as this means that I cannot type really long articles because I cannot go further down than the 1300. Is there a way to go further down, so that I can type longer articles?

- what is the difference between saving a page as for example biography.html or saving it in a subfolder "biography" as biography.bvp ?
      I have installed BlueVoda both at work and at home, during breaks at work I like to design pages which after completing them I send to my home email address. Once at home I then save them in the BlueVoda folder on my hard drive, however it is not clear to me if I should save the pages as .bvp or .html before sending them? I did notice usually BlueVoda opens both formats, though I would like to know in what format I should send them to my home computer ideally.
      1. Main menu>View>Page property's> Enter a lager number in the Page hight area.
      2. Save your pages as just a name, IE: "about_us" BV will auto add the .bvp extension & auto convert to html when published.
      You cant save as a html page.
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Open the page properties and set the length to whatever you need.
        You dont save it as either. Just save it as "biography" the software will add the extension.
        CarbonTerry
        Semper Fi
        Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
        Zone 5 Photo
        My USMC

Comment

Can you tell me exactly where I can edit the page properties so that I can make it as long as I want? Because that was my only flaw really, apart from that I really love the sitebuilder.

And about .bvp and .html ... The files which I only saved as .html prior to sending them to my own home email. Can I not publish them at all or should I just save them as (name).bvp again?

Comment

Sorry! You might of miss this.
            1. Main menu>View>Page property's> Enter a larger number in the Page hight area.
            2. Save your pages as just a name, IE: "about_us" BV will auto add the .bvp extension & auto convert to html when published.
            You cant save as a html page. __________________
            Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

I could save them as .html and open the files again with BlueVoda. If I do "save as" and save them as .bvp again that shouldn't be an issue I hope, so that I don't need to do those pages again?
              (Only 5 pages luckily that I saved as .html)

Can you tell me exactly where I can edit the page properties so that I can make it as long as I want? Because that was my only flaw really, apart from that I really love the sitebuilder. This is quite important as I didn't manage to put all pics I wanted on my page as I couldn't scroll down further to see what I was typing...

Comment

On the BV web Builder window:
                View/Page Properties
                or:
                Right click on an empty area of the current page.
                CarbonTerry
                Semper Fi
                Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
                Zone 5 Photo
                My USMC

Comment

Working...
                X