menu width

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• menu width

there seems to be no method of defining the width of each element in a menu structure.
    If I have 4 elements each are assumed to be equal, but have different width's e.g home= 4, support=7,sales=5, gas=3. when I create a menu each option is given the same width regardless of text lenght. How do you adjust each menu option so that their text is confined within their boundries,i.e it will automatically assume short word. smaller box, larger word larger box,I have watched the tutorials and could not see the obvious answer

Re: menu width

Hi John,
    It is not possible with the default menu bar. The image uses for the menu has a fixed width. Even if you design your own button images with its own width, it will still have a fix widt to what you set it.

You can of course use the Text Menu. Click here to learn more. It will do what you want.
    Bless you
    Tom

Comment

thanks for your reply. I tried your suggestion and see what you mean. As an aside to this there does not seem to be an option to allow you to set the font colour of your choice (barring the four edit link choices) can you do this in html ?

Comment

Hi John,

You can add as many links as you want. You can change the text colour, the text background, etc. Double click the Text Menu (now on your page).
        1. Double click each link and rename them. Insert the url.
        2. Click the Add button to add more links.
        3. Open the Styles tab.
        4. Select the font, size and background you want.
        5. Create some styles by clicking the Edit Styles button.
        a. Edit the first style, giving it a name.
        b. Click on each coloured link and change it as you want.
        c. Click OK.
        d. Click the Add button and repeat steps a to c above,

This way you can create many styles.

6. Click OK when done.
        7. Select one of your newly created styles from the Link Style dropdown.
        8. Click OK.

You can also set the menu as a Horizontal or Vertical menu. See the Type dropdown at the bottom of the General tab.
        You are done.
        Bless you
        Tom

Comment

Hi, if you want to get a bit more adventurous, this site has an auto sizing menus. Like this one.
          Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
          X