Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hyperlinking to FTP site

Hi folks,

I hv just published my BV webpages; everything is working fine, with one exception.......

(1) Earlier I had uploaded many PDF files onto the FTP site using the BV FTP Manager. The job was done - all the files are there as intended.

(2) In several of my BV pages, I have hyperlinks made to the BV FTP site. However, when I open my website now (live, not in Preview), and click on a relevant link, all I get is a response that says "The Page Cannot Be Displayed" I hv checked the command string in the link.....seems to be all ok.

Would appreciate if someone could tell me what is wrong.

Then, I made a "startling" discovery while scouring the forums for advice. Someone said that the BV FTP site is not to be a repository for files !!! I checked the BV terms and ......found this :-

2.3) File Hosting
    File Hosting is strictly prohibited on any and all servers within the VodaHost network. You MAY NOT use your VodaHost account as a download or file storage repository. Our services are strictly offered for website hosting only. This does NOT mean that you can not have downloads on your site. This means you can not operate a site that specializes in downloads like Download.com or similar. Your account may not exceed 10% of used space in MP3, games, video, audio or music files.

OK, maybe this is the root of the problem. So, my real need is how do I or where do I set up those PDF files, so that by clicking on the appropriate links on the webpages, the corresponding files would open up nicely on the visitor's screen ?

Thank you so much.
    KS Neoh
    www.crystalimage-lcd.com
    Vodahost client ID#20786

Re: Hyperlinking to FTP site

Hi KS,
    On this page, http://www.crystalimage-lcd.com/char_lcm.html the top model series, is this the image you are looking for? http://www.crystalimage-lcd.com/mono...ABC008001A.pdf

Redo your links as indicated above. Click the link and see.
    Bless you
    Tom

Comment

Hi Tom :

Super, it worked beautifully. I only wish that the BV video tutorial had included an example on this subject.

Thank you so much.

KS Neoh
      www.crystalimage-lcd.com

Comment

My pleasure.
        Bless you
        Tom

Comment

Working...
        X