Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I link Webpage form button to receive form detail in my email?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I link Webpage form button to receive form detail in my email?

It' not easy... battling!

I have created a form requesting detail from would be subscriber.
    Have uploaded it to the domain.

How do I set up the submit button to send info from form to my email?

Do I need to insert some form of HTML code? (about which I know zilch!)

Thank you
    Bucks

Re: How do I link Webpage form button to receive form detail in my email?

I think I got picked out out because I asked too many questions in one forum, I have so many which forum do I use?
    He says that he gets 1000's of questions, is that why I can't get any answers. I'm so tired of battling.
    Does each go to a different forum. Seems a little strange. spend mega time to see if I can find the right forum. All questions are relevant to uploading and seeing pages on the net.

My domain name www.sitesunion.com

1. Have the wrong page as index, how do I remove?
    2. Have made form, can not find form doe not work, why?
    3. Email buttons do not find email why not?
    4. Doe each page have a separate name when uploading?
    5. Why do I get the same page if I click straight. my site.com as
    when entermysite.com/aiim
    6. I have a page for affiliate business. Can not see HTML on page I work on. Only on preview. Why?
    7. I have created a membership entry site, works perfectly. done in other software. software says upload to /member/ how and where.
    enough for now, if I can get this sorted out I'll have saved 4 weeks worth of work. Sorry can't watch another tutorial 2 weeks of that is plenty.
    Bucks

Comment

Questions regarding forms should be posted in the FORMS forum.
      With that said, i wil try to answere your questions:

1. Have the wrong page as index, how do I remove?

Just create another "index" page and publish it, it will overwrite the wrong one.
      2. Have made form, can not find form doe not work, why?

Provide a link to the form, just asking "Why doesn't it work" is not the way we can help. Did you follow the steps described in the Forms Tutorial ?

3. Email buttons do not find email why not?

Again, which email buttons ? Where ?

4. Doe each page have a separate name when uploading?

If you mean the file name, then Yes. Otherwise, each time you publish a page, it will overwrite the one you previously published with the same name.
      If you mean the page "title" then it is not important from the functional point of view, but it is inportant for your visitors to be able to see the correct page title, as well as for Search Engines.

5. Why do I get the same page if I click straight. my site.com as
      when entermysite.com/aiim

I don't know what that aiim at the end should mean. Usually aiim would mean a folder (subdomain) inside your site. aiim should have it's own index page otherwise entering yoursite.com/aiim would result in just displaying the content of the aiim folder. If you get the same page, it is probably because you have published the same "index" page both in your main folder (public_html) and the "aiim" folder.

6. I have a page for affiliate business. Can not see HTML on page I work on. Only on preview. Why?

Not sure what you mean, please provide a link

7. I have created a membership entry site, works perfectly. done in other software. software says upload to /member/ how and where.

I don't know how you can state that "it works perfectly" unless this software allows checking locally . Anyway, IF you have created the "member" folder, then you should open FTP, connect to your site, and then browse your computer to spot the files of your membership site. Then simply drag / drop into the "member" folder in your site.

However, i understand that you are missing some basic knowledge. You should first start watching (again) the page naming tutorial. Then you need to watch (again) the form tutorial, to see why your form doesn't work, then the email tutorial, and last the FTP tutorial.

I know i don't sound very pleasant, but you need to have some basic knowledge before you can go on with your site, oherwise you will loose much more than the 4 weeks already spent on this. Once you have got the hand of it, things will be much easier and faster.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

When publishing the index overwrite, is the publishing address
        www.sitesunion.com/index or just plain without the index bit?

AIIM is the bareviation of the business name.

Comment

No.

You are using BV right ?
          If so, to publish in your main folder (main site) in the publish dialog box, in the bottom field (folder) you should have:

public_html

Nothing more, nothing less.

If you want to publish in the aiim folder, in the folder field you should have

public_html/aiim

You DON'T add the page name. BV will automatically publish the page with the name that you have already used when you saved the page(in this case, if you have saved the page as "index", BV will publish it as "index.html"). So you DON?T need to add the page name, BV will consider the name that you saved the page as.

I understand that AIIM is the abr of your business, but why did you create a "aiim" folder ? Unless you have done this on purpose, for reasons that i can't know, then ok, otherwise if you have simply created it during your trial to make the whole thing work, and you don't really need such a folder, then connect with FTP and delete it. If this is the case, simply publish in public_html .
          Navaldesign
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

1. Is folder name for publishing to /public_html/index or without the index bit?
            If so, it does not overwrite and does not appear on sirte at all
            2. I have followed step by step stopping the video as I do each step.
            (maybe 20 time already). I have called my form contactform2. I have tried to publish to /public_html/contactform/ no go, must be wrong name, please tell me to what folder in the pull down menu which comes up when you publish I must send it? what must i add to the /public_html/ if anything?
            3. Email button in form in 3 above. Can publish to preview. Using Advanced (Navigation which gives 4 up) buttons works. Normal submit buttons do not. How do I make these active?
            4.The place where the name is, is called folder, you speak of file name. are we talking of the same place? ie When publishing are all pages to be named /public_HTML/some name? If so is it the name I have saved them under?
            5. AIIM is the page which is now stuck on my browser and was the index page which will not be overwritten. I have deleted it from my list of sites from where I open the various pages. I now no longer have any folder called public_html/aiim/whatever.
            6. The affiliate page is in the making. My question is I have joined Voda affiliates to sell vod hosting etc. I copy and paste the banner to the page in the HTML box which I find in the insert button under advanced. It looks like nothing took place after I pasted the copied code, but when viewed in the preview it is there. My question is, is there supposed to be a blank on the construction page? Is the position controllable, as right now it plonks itself on the page and when moved seem to jump to some grid or other, either centre or left or right.
            I have published nothing as I do not understand when you say in your reply 4 "if you mean file name yes" where do I give these files names and with what does it have to tie up if with anything?

I proced as follows:-
            I build a page and give it a name at the start. When I am finished and I want to publish it do I somewhere use that name?
            Thank you
            Bux

Comment

Please advice. I had solicited the help of a techie, she seems to think VB is different from how she would do it via Dreamweaver or whatever. She created a folder called /public/html which is housed in a folder called AIIM
              which is housed in "my web places".
              From your reply this seems unnecessary, is this perhaps the problem?
              Bux

Comment

I can't know what her "site logic" is.

All VH accounts already have a "public_html" folder where your files go. Of course, you can structure your site in whatever way you like, but i can't advise how you should be doing it because i can't know what you are after.

Also please let me know if you are going to be making your site yourself, with BV, or is she is going to be building the site. In this second case, if she is a pro, just let her do what is correct to do. But leave evrything to her, because if you start mixing parts that she makes with parts that you make, you will end up in a big confusion.
                Navaldesign

Comment

I have cleaned out FTP.
                  Had lots of trial stuff. Only my pages left in there. They have VB logo in front and .bvp file ext. All.
                  1. New index page does not overwrite old one.
                  2. I do not want the techie to do her thing. VB has a system that works and the forum people know how, she is not always here to ask. If she does it her way than the forum becomes semi obsolete. I will learn. Right now frustrated but that will get end.
                  Please advice on the page stuck in my domain and the inability to overwrite the index page.
                  Than you

Comment

1. Is folder name for publishing to /public_html/index or without the index bit?
                    If so, it does not overwrite and does not appear on sirte at all

The correct is public_html. "index" is the page name. As said, you DON'T add the page name at the end

2. I have followed step by step stopping the video as I do each step.
                    (maybe 20 time already). I have called my form contactform2. I have tried to publish to /public_html/contactform/ no go, must be wrong name, please tell me to what folder in the pull down menu which comes up when you publish I must send it? what must i add to the /public_html/ if anything?

You publish to public_html NOT to public_html/contactform2

3. Email button in form in 3 above. Can publish to preview. Using Advanced (Navigation which gives 4 up) buttons works. Normal submit buttons do not. How do I make these active?

Please publish first, then we can see the rest

4.The place where the name is, is called folder, you speak of file name. are we talking of the same place? ie When publishing are all pages to be named /public_HTML/some name? If so is it the name I have saved them under?

Your pages are simply saved as "index", "aboutus" etc. Yoyr pages, on the site, CAN'T have the xtension .bvp unless you are uploading them through FTP instead of publishing them through The BV Publish tool.

5. AIIM is the page which is now stuck on my browser and was the index page which will not be overwritten. I have deleted it from my list of sites from where I open the various pages. I now no longer have any folder called public_html/aiim/whatever.

You MUST have the main folder, which is "public_html". It is impossible that you don't have it, unless you deleted it accidentaly.

6. The affiliate page is in the making. My question is I have joined Voda affiliates to sell vod hosting etc. I copy and paste the banner to the page in the HTML box which I find in the insert button under advanced. It looks like nothing took place after I pasted the copied code, but when viewed in the preview it is there. My question is, is there supposed to be a blank on the construction page? Is the position controllable, as right now it plonks itself on the page and when moved seem to jump to some grid or other, either centre or left or right.
                    I have published nothing as I do not understand when you say in your reply 4 "if you mean file name yes" where do I give these files names and with what does it have to tie up if with anything?

I proced as follows:-
                    I build a page and give it a name at the start. When I am finished and I want to publish it do I somewhere use that name?

You create the pages. Then you Save them. When you save a page, you are asked for a page name. That's the name under which the page will get published. You can control the position wher ethe banner appears, by moving the html box that you have inserted in the page. If it snaps to the grid, and won't let you move it easily, disable the grid: View -> uncheck Snap to Grid
                    Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                    X