Email on my Outlook and ***????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email on my Outlook and ***????

Hi. I set up my pop3 accont in outlook and its great, I send and recieve emails. I also setup my email address on my ***/Pocket PC.

Here is the funny thing.

When I am home and I have outlook open, all of my emails on my *** dissappear and while outlook is open and I receive an email, my *** won't receive any email.

Now, if i close outlook, and while it is closed I receive an email, then my *** receives the email as well.

However, when i go home and open outlook all emails are removed from my ***!!!

can I keep both like AOL does or even outlook using Exchange?

I need to have this ability since this POP email account is for my 2nd business.

Thanks

Re: Email on my Outlook and ***????

Sounds like you haven't been using Outlook very long ..... you are experiencing a common dilemma that has but one solution.

Outlook will connect with your client server to download messages stored/collected, and upon downloading current emails in your "inbox" leaves no "copy" behind, essentially cleaning it to be filled again with new, incoming mail. Outlook will also regularly connect to check for new incoming mail on a regular basis, and you can set these intervals manually.
    This is how Outlook operates, and this part of the operation cannot be changed: it will connect, download all new emails, and disconnect when done, leaving no copies behind.

If you have Outlook set up at the office and at home with the same email address alias, you will find some emails downloaded only to your office computer and some to your home computer: they do not "share" emails or distribution --- each connects and performs tasks independently.

You have 2 alternatives to your problem:
    1. Use Webmail entirely to connect from either unit, which will allow you to view all emails until you delete them (or otherwise process them, like forward them or move to other folders);
    2. Have different email addresses/aliases for each unit, and set up a forwarder on your Webmail and enter multiple addresses, so each email is "redistributed" to separate addresses to allow Outlook the ability to connect and download independently. This can be very useful, and you can even use each "new" address for different reasons or for separate purposes (control traffic and loads, as each "new" address can be designated for your computer and *** singularly), and since one of the options in Forwarding from Webmail is to leave a "copy" in Webmail's inbox, you can always use either unit to check to see the entire history of emails in one place (simply by using the internet to log on to your VH Webmail).
    Did you get that? How leaving a copy in Webmail keeps a total history and access of all emails (which also means you will need to clean it up regularly) and how to "split up" emails by forwarding to multiple addresses -- one for each unit independently?

Bottom line, Outlook is a powerful tool, but functions cannot be "split" or "shared" between units regarding single email addresses: you have to create that function yourself.

BTW: trying to go around this logistical construct using Outlook and Express as "seperate entities" is futile, for they are the same utility with wrapped in different paper.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

PS: Forgot to add >>
      You needn't worry about replies or "signatures" being different when using different devices that are receiving emails that are being forwarded originally addressed to a single alias: yoiu can still have that "Main" email address entered in yur Outlook, but can also configure that "email account" to be included in the Group to process incoming mail for .....

For example:
      1. your Main Email alias (which is the Webmail one) is "MainMan @ YourDomain.com" ..... email comes in, and Webmail immediately forwards it to "MainManLaptop @ Your Domain.com" and "MainManPDA @ YourDomain.com" and leaves a copy in webmail.
      2. Your *** gets an email via Outlook addressed to MainMan @ Your Domain.com because it has been forwarded, and when you reply, you simply "Change Account" in the "From" box so it looks like "MainMan" is replying ..... it will be SENT via MainManPDA account, but it's ID will remain as if there is only one computer overall.

You just have to be sure to configure that "MainMan" (or Primary) email account to not be included in the sending/receiving group....
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Originally posted by moraism View Post
        Hi. I set up my pop3 accont in outlook and its great, I send and recieve emails. I also setup my email address on my ***/Pocket PC.

Here is the funny thing.

When I am home and I have outlook open, all of my emails on my *** dissappear and while outlook is open and I receive an email, my *** won't receive any email.

Now, if i close outlook, and while it is closed I receive an email, then my *** receives the email as well.

However, when i go home and open outlook all emails are removed from my ***!!!

can I keep both like AOL does or even outlook using Exchange?

I need to have this ability since this POP email account is for my 2nd business.

Thanks
        Hi there,

How do you do it on your ***? I can set up my Gmail's on my *** but failed to do it on my *** TYTN II ***.. For Gmail, I just press "Next" and "Next" after key-in my Username & Password.

What should be the procedure for ***?

Thank you so much.

Best Wishes,
        Swan

Email: mingswanfoo@propertychr.com

Comment

Working...
        X