Someone is using my e-mail to send e-mail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone is using my e-mail to send e-mail

I am receiving e-mails from myself to myself with oftentimes disturbing content - which I didn't sent out. I don't have any forms on my web sites, just my contact me. The e-mails contain things I have nothing to do with.

It's interesting that this is only happenig from my e-mail addresses from my Voda Host sites. I have e-mail addresses from my Internet service provider and this doesn't happen on those addresses (or hasn't happpened).

I searched the forum, but haven't found any posts that address this issue(unless I'm using the wrong search words).

I'd like to know how to prevent others from using my Voda Host E-Mail addresses to send their own mail as if it were coming from me.

It bothers me that someone is using my address as if they were me, and the content of the e-mails that are being sent out, is even more disturbing. I appreciate any advice or solutions from the forum.

Thank you

debbie
    www.debbiemae.com
    www.brucejoronte.com
    www.orontewines.com

Re: Someone is using my e-mail to send e-mail

More than likely they are just filling out your form and putting your email address as the sent from address. It is spaming pure and simple.

Please provide a link to your form.

I believe that Navaldesigns ABVFB takes care of this kind of spaming. Might want to look at the form section and look for his posts as the link explaining it is in his signature.

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

The only "form" I have on my sites is my contact (e-mail)
      here are my sites. www.debbiemae.com www.orontewines.com www.brucejoronte.com

Thank you for responding I hope this gives you more information to assist or point me in the right direction to resolve this (if it can be resolved).

debbie

Comment

Sorry- thought it was from a form. But it is just the same. Some one has created a form on their site and input your email address as the "sent from" section and then put your address as send to. Could also be an auto program and no form................it is still spamming no matter how you slice it.

There is really nothing you can do.

I would suggest that you get a form and have people fill it out to contact you and leave your email address off the site. Or........if you are going to put an email address on your site, make it a jpeg picture instead of text and that way bots can't pick it up.

Andy
        PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Spammers often manage to capture email addresses from websites. If they have captured yours, they send you direct emails (mass mailers, mailing thousands of users) . Their software is made so that the use the email address of the victim (you) as sender also, because they know that this way probably your email client will not reject it.

Nothing to worry about, apart, obviously, the fact that you need to delete these mails.

Andy, pics linked to email addresses DO get captured Through the html code of the page). The only way is something like Dynamic Drive's Emmail Riddler that transforms the characters in ASCII equivalent.
          Even so, manually, the email address can be captured, as you understand, it is enough clicking on th image.

A contact form is the most secure way, but, of course, you also need to take the email address off the site. And Google doesn't like sites without contact (email) details
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Navaldesign-

I agree about pics "linked" to an email address - they do get captured. But what I do is simply create a pic of my text email address and post the pic. People with have to manually copy it down and it is not linked. Even the alt text is not email formated but simply a description of the pic.

I did not know that Google does not like sites without contact emails............ will have to consider that.

Andy
            PHP- is a blast!

Comment

I see, yes, you are correct, just having the email address as an image certainly makes it impossible to capture by a bot.

yes, Google likes to see contact details, among them the email address.
              Navaldesign
              Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
              X