VBS area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VBS area

I changed my master password recently but did notice it didn't affect the password for vodahost.com/vbs ; I tried changing the password for that as well but that didn't work.

Now my question: is VBS a completely different area than the Cpanel or can one access the Cpanel somehow after having logged in to VBS?
    "It's better to die on your feet than to live on your knees"

Re: VBS area

VBS is different, its only for your billing

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

So the VBS area is totally seperate from the Cpanel area? If someone would get your password for VBS he still cannot access the Cpanel area and can still not alter your website?

Comment

The usernames for both are completely different, and assuming your passwords are different (which they should), you can't access both.

Unless in VBS there is a link that will automatically log you in to cpanel without prompting you for a username/password having access to one won't give access to the other. Even then if someone has access to your vbs and shouldn't, them having access to your website is the least of your problems.

Register/Login Script
        Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Originally posted by Watdaflip View Post
          The usernames for both are completely different, and assuming your passwords are different (which they should), you can't access both.

Unless in VBS there is a link that will automatically log you in to cpanel without prompting you for a username/password having access to one won't give access to the other. Even then if someone has access to your vbs and shouldn't, them having access to your website is the least of your problems.
          But is there such a thing? If you are logged in to VBS, is there a way to go into the Cpanel or are both totally seperate areas (so that access to VBS still doesn't give you access to the Cpanel) ??

Comment

I can't say for sure, I can't check on that. I haven't had a hosting account with VodaHost for about a year. I would think just based on normal security measures that both passwords are encrypted, so the unencrypted password is not known so there wouldn't be a way to login without typing it in. If you are that worried submit a support ticket and just ask.. they will be able to tell you straight up.

Regardless.. if someone has access to your VBS they have access to your billing... if they intend to do you harm they can do worse them messing with your website.

Register/Login Script

Comment

I would really like to know yeah, because I managed to change the masterpassword (for Cpanel/Customer Login + publishing with BV) but it refused changing the VBS password.

I would need to know if someone who logs in to VBS can somehow access Cpanel of the uploaded webpages. I would think not because Customer Login/Cpanel has different login usernames than VBS, but I would still like to know for sure.

Can anyone clarify if someone knowing the VBS password can access Customer Login/Cpanel or uploaded webpages in any way?

Comment

VBS Billing log in information and control panel log in information is different .. your control panel cannot be accessed with your voda host billing information (vbs)..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                02036089024 / United Kingdom
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

So accessing Cpanel can only be done by clicking Customer Login, selecting the right server IP address and use username and master-password?

If someone would have my password for vodahost.com/vbs and sign in to VBS, they can impossibly reach my Cpanel and cannot make the slightest change to my uploaded website?

Comment

Originally posted by gerrit View Post
                    So accessing Cpanel can only be done by clicking Customer Login, selecting the right server IP address and use username and master-password?

If someone would have my password for vodahost.com/vbs and sign in to VBS, they can impossibly reach my Cpanel and cannot make the slightest change to my uploaded website?
                    Correct .. you will notice that your username for your control panel cannot be changed, please protect this. Your password only can be changed. You will also notice that the username for your control panel is not found anywhere near your vbs billing. You can change the password for either as often as you like. In fact it is recommended to do so every so often and you will find throughout your days with voda hosting, that they too, will change our passwords at their chosen times and you would be notified of the change.

Your vbs billing has nothing to do with your control panel. It is where you pay for your hosting account and any domains that you purchase through voda host. This is where you do your financial matters.

You may also be interested in name protecting your domains, if you have not already done so, for a small fee yearly voda host will take care of this for you.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                    02036089024 / United Kingdom
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
                    X