Hello to All

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello to All

Hi everyone, well this is my first time attempting to get a website together for my band, and the fact that I live at the top of a mountain in a very remote part of Ireland that has no broadband service (all we have is dial-up with a connection speed of, (get this) 2.8 kpbs, yes, you read that correctly, 2.8kbps !!!) means, this is gonna take some time. I want to design my website to reflect the character and personality of my band. I, or should I say we, are a 1950's Rockabilly band, very dedicated to authenticity, both musically and visually, and to proffesionalism when we play a gig, we're also a bunch of complete raving lunatics with a real crazy sense of humour, we love having a laugh with our audiences, I want to try to create a website that will let people know what we're all about, and I would love to create something that when people first see our website, there reaction will be, "These guys look real good, and they also sound like a lot of fun", or hopefully something like that anyway, or there again they might just say "Gee, what a bunch of losers" The band is called

"Olive De Ville and the Cadillac Cowboys"

and the website address hopefully will be (when I can figure it all out)

www.thecadillaccowboys.com .

I've got all the basic pages done (well, I think I have, I hope,,), and I am in the process of adding some photo's and some of our songs so people can listen to them. So no doubt I will be pestering the life out of you all, asking silly questions for the next few weeks, months, years, or however long it takes me to get it all to work. Anyway, that enough babbling for one night, some of us have work to do (damn, that means me as well) so best wishes to all and bye for now, Aidan.

Re: Hello to All

Welcome, Rockabillyrouge! You sound like you'll fit right in with the rest of us crazy people here. I just got home with a copy of Computer Music Magazine's "Muscian's Guide to the Net" special edition. I've only thumbed through it, but it looks like it'll have a ton of good tips and info for you.

Have fun putting together the site!

Tom
    CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
    CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
    CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

Hi Tom, thanks for the welcome, I'll keep an eye out for that magazine, God knows I could do with some help, but he's not listening, I've tried sending him an e-mail to www.thesupremebeing.com, but got no reply, mind you, it is Sunday, so it's probably his day off.

Comment

Hi Aidan, good luck with the new site. If your that slow on the connections it will be a good learning curve for your images. Have a think about getting a friend with broadband to upload all your images to your site or something like photobucket & use an image link to place the picture on your page. Will save you a lot of waiting around.

Good luck.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
        X