Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook Express

Hello all.

I'm trying to configure my email to open in Outlook Express. I'm following the Tutorials carefully but I'm confused about one part. When it says enter your POP3 and SMPT details I'm told that I should enter 'mail.mydomain.com'. If my domain is joebloggs.info does that mean I enter 'mail.joebloggs.info.com' or just 'mail.joebloggs.com'?

Cheers Sally.

Re: Outlook Express

Hi Sally,
    If your domai is "joebloggs.info" then
    POP3 would be mail.joebloggs.info and
    SMTP would be mail.joebloggs.info
    Remember that your username would be the email address eg. me@joebloggs.info and abvious the password would your password that you gave to your email account.
    I hope that helps a bit.
    Kurt

Comment

Originally posted by kadm View Post
      Hi Sally,
      If your domai is "joebloggs.info" then
      POP3 would be mail.joebloggs.info and
      SMTP would be mail.joebloggs.info
      Remember that your username would be the email address eg. me@joebloggs.info and abvious the password would your password that you gave to your email account.
      I hope that helps a bit.
      Kurt
      Good man Kurt, we'll give this a whirl.

Sally

Comment

Ok, I've set it up as per instructions. I have a separate email address for my domain and sub domain. It was my sub domain email I was adding to Outlook as my main email is already configured. I sent a test email from my sub to my main but my entire inbox entries in my sub were sent to my main leaving the sub inbox empty. Have I missed something?

Comment

Yes.. You are trying to set up a subdomain as a main address so it would be mail.subdomain.joesblogg.com and.. im not sure that will work either, as the mail is still run off the main domain.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
          X