Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The AAADD Symptoms

The AAADD Symptoms

Thank goodness there's a name for this disorder. Read about the guy who got diagnosed with it and see if things seem familiar to you, too!

Recently, I was diagnosed with A.A.A.D.D. - Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder. This is how it manifests:

I decide to water my garden.

As I turn on the hose in the driveway, I look over at my car and decide it needs washing.

As I start toward the garage, I notice mail on the porch table that I brought up from the mail box earlier.

I decide to go through the mail before I wash the car.

I lay my car keys on the table, put the junk mail in the garbage can under the table, and notice that the can is full.

So, I decide to put the bills back on the table and take out the garbage first.

But then I think, since I'm going to be near the mailbox when I take out the garbage anyway, I may as well pay the bills first.

I take my check book off the table, and see that there is only one check left.

My extra checks are in my desk in the study, so I go inside the house to my desk where I find the can of Coke I'd been drinking.

I'm going to look for my checks, but first I need to push the Coke aside so that I don't accidentally knock it over.

The Coke is getting warm, and I decide to put it in the refrigerator to keep it cold.

As I head toward the kitchen with the Coke, a vase of flowers on the counter catches my eye--they need water.

I put the Coke on the counter and discover my reading glasses that I've been searching for all morning.

I decide I better put them back on my desk, but first I'm going to water the flowers.

I set the glasses back down on the counter, fill a container with water and suddenly spot the TV remote. Someone left it on the kitchen table.

I realize that tonight when we go to watch TV, I'll be looking for the remote, but I won't remember that it's on the kitchen table, so I decide to put it back in the den where it belongs, but first I'll water the flowers.

I pour some water in the flowers, but quite a bit of it spills on the floor.

So, I set the remote back on the table, get some towels and wipe up the spill.

Then! , I head down the hall trying to remember what I was planning to do.

At the end of the day:

the car isn't washed

the bills aren't paid

there is a warm can of Coke sitting on the counter

the flowers don't have enough water,

there is still only 1 check in my check book,

I can't find the remote,

I can't find my glasses,

and I don't remember what I did with the car keys.

Then, when I try to figure out why nothing got done today, I'm really baffled because I know I was busy all damn day, and I'm really tired.

I realize this is a serious problem, and I'll try to get some help for it, but first I'll check my e-mail....

Manny(THE ALIEN LEADER)
    Click Here to See the Vodaliens Album & Join the Club!! Sendyour personal photo to be alienated to the Vodalien Group

www.astralengineering.net
    www.masqueradecreations.com

Re: The AAADD Symptoms

MMMMMMMMMMM

Now what did I come into the computer room for??????

Comment

As a 67 year old guy; I can vouch for that symptom! A personal example:

A couple mornings ago, I was sitting at the kitchen table, having coffee and listening to my wife relate an incident that had happened to her the day before. So, as I listened intently; I suddenly stood up and started walking over to the windows overlooking the backyard. Just before arriving at my destination; I stopped and turned to acknowledge to my wife that I was still listening to her! Shortly her story was finished and I turned to proceed to go to my destination. The only problem was that I no longer remembered where I was headed or what I intended to do when I got there!

So, after a few moments of trying to recall why I was going somewhere; I turned and went back to my seat at the table. On the way back I told my wife that I will probably remember once I sit down.

Sure enough! I just sat down and bingo; there it was! I had noticed a blind that was miss positioned and I was headed over to straighten it !!

So, AAADD really does exists!

Comment

What are you guys saying? We are all that old in this forum?

I am only sixty going on seventy lah?
        www.siapamoyanganda.com/
        Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
        State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

lol...now that explains alot...lol

hubby has this disorder and is trying to infect me with it...lol.
          Karen Williams
          Your Belief is Your Reality

Comment

I don't think of it as a disorder, but a way of life.
            Mike

Any excuse for non performance only weakens the charactor

In God We Trust

Comment

Working...
            X