Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please recommend best webmail

Hello,
    Sorry if this was asked before (I did a search but didn't find and answer). I'd like to know which webmail program people recommend. There is so much discussion about Outlook Express and it's either because more people use it or it is a huge pain. Does one work better than another?
    All the best
    Catherine
    www.catherinebuchanan.com

Re: Please recommend best webmail

Outlook express is just fine. If you have Vista, use Windows Live Mail
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Catherine,

The problem with asking questions like this is that you will probably get EVERY email handler being suggested to you as everyone has their own opinions on what's good and what's not... so you'll end up even more confused lol. Personally I like google mail, but it has it's good and bad points as ALL of them do. George's suggestion above is good but like I say there are many out there. To answer your question on 'does one work better than another' .. hmm difficult question... probably as I alrerady mentioned, all have good things about them as much as they have bad... I have probably been through most of them as have many people, it's just a case of what suits you really.

Happy hunting though
      Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Thanks, will try Windows Live Mail first and glad to know that experimenting is what even the experienced folks are up to. Sure happy to get answers here, thank you.
        All the best
        Catherine

Comment

If you are looking for input... just don't use Incredimail.

Register/Login Script
          Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Originally posted by Watdaflip View Post
            If you are looking for input... just don't use Incredimail.
            Some excellent advice there!! Didn't take me long to banish them from my PC...
            Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

I use horde as my webmail for my sites and configure my mail to go in and out of my outlook express on my computer.

The nice thing about this, is you actually have an email address that includes your domain name and it looks much more professional than say an email address with gmail or hotmail, etc.,

The other nice thing about it, is the fact that it comes right to your computer as opposed to logging in webmail to check, receive and send.

If you choose horde through your control panel, you can set up the email address with your domain name. Then set about to configure your outlook express - it's not hard, but you may possibly have to work out a few kinks. Then you are sending and receiving email on your computer using your domains email address. If you cannot configure outlook express to handle this, you can always forward your domains email to your personal outlook express email, but you will always need to reply using your webmail to log in to have your return address use your domain email address.

As Naval says, there is nothing wrong with outlook express, it is just for some people, getting things configured seems to be the problem.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
              02036089024 / United Kingdom
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thank you, thank you, it is so amazing when a little light is shed on the process. The fun part about learning this is the ah-ha moments!
                All the best
                Catherine

Comment

Working...
                X