Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm scared

Hi everyone,

I have been needing a Website for my renovations business in France for quite some time now (shamefully for over two years!) and have downloaded the Bluevoda programme, but have not got anywhere yet!

Frankly the more I look into the support forums, the more scared I become. I am not very "au-fait" with computers and therefore think that once I join I will not be able to cope with the complexity of everything involved to build myself a comprehensive website. Some of the terminology sacres me and I feel that most users know a lot more than I do, so any initial support I would need would seem too trivial and therefore embarassing to ask, let alone anything more technical.

There are people who have offered to provide me sites for around a couple of hundred pounds - but I have always wanted full control to edit and alter my own site, Bluevoda does look ideal but I feel over the last year, the level of expertise required to use edit and improve a website is overwhelming me somewhat!

Can anyone offer their views please and does/did anyone feel the same way as me before signing up?

With very best regards,

Paulp
    Last edited by VodaHost; 01-22-2006, 08:27 PM.
    www.punchardrenovation.com
    www.direct2view.com
    client ID 10225

Re: I'm scared

Being sacred of the unknown is a natural feeling, The internet can be very
    intimidating for a beginner.

But you have to ask yourself one question. Is your fear of failure stronger
    that your desire to succeed?

If Yes...

Hire a web designer, You can get a pretty good website for under US$1000

If No...
    Click the link below and get your business on the internet today...

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/pre...r-website.html

He who dares wins!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I was scared also. This is my first time online. I hired a web designer paid him $250 and six week later I still ahd nothing and he would not return my calls. Then through a stroke of good luck I found Vodahost who has been a world of help. Anything you need you will find on there forums. These are the nicest and most helpful people I have ever come accross, The bluevoda software is a gift from god to me. I do suggest you watch all the tutorials multiple times. Once you get the hang of it you will be hooked for life. I know I am.
      Gina

Comment

Hi there,

My Mom and I have a candle busniess that we've wanted to have online for a couple of years now, but everywhere we went, designers wanted at least $2000 (US) to build it, and we just couldn't spend that much money on a website.

Anyhoo, not long ago, Mom stumbled across VodaHost. We downloaded the program, and once I got a peek at all the technical stuff, and started watching tutorials, I freaked. I honestly thought there was NO WAY we would be able to design our site. (And actually get it to look how we wanted, ya know?) I'm not the most gifted person when it comes to technical mumbo jumbo, and there are still times when I sit here and scratch my head over some of the terms I see. lol

However, once we got to working with the program, watched the tutorials as we were developing the site, and asked countless stupid questions on the forums (which people were nice enough to answer even though they were probably laughing themselves silly!) it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be, and I'm actually very pleased with the results.

For me, BlueVoda is worth every dime, and then some, and I know that if you give it a chance, you will be too.

Kellie
        Kellie

Cozy Cabin Candles and Crafts
        http://www.ccabincandles.com

Comment

Originally posted by Gina
          I was scared also. This is my first time online. I hired a web designer paid him $250 and six week later I still ahd nothing and he would not return my calls. Then through a stroke of good luck I found Vodahost who has been a world of help. Anything you need you will find on there forums. These are the nicest and most helpful people I have ever come accross, The bluevoda software is a gift from god to me. I do suggest you watch all the tutorials multiple times. Once you get the hang of it you will be hooked for life. I know I am.
          +++++++++++++++++++++
          Can someone out there help me, I purchased a template from OsCommerce my son did all of the resizing for the Web but not being a programmer he really did not know how to continue.

And I am having no luck getting any help Why is it so hard to get help.

Thanks Norma USA
          norma_kirchhofer********.com

Comment

Norma,

You need to have a Vodahost account in order for Oscommerce to work. It will NOT work offline.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

hello Paulp

in 2005 i decided to launch my own website to help others make money online, so i first bought a free website, i simply paid for the web hosting which was $9.99 per month. but when it came to editing and redesigning it i was presured for time, so with all the other tools on the market i could not do that, so i begun a research on webmaster tools and i came across Blue Voda free tiral, downloaded it and themoment i saw what this peace of software was capable of, i was filled with excitement and felt really satisfied that i could save so much time. And like Gina I am now hooked, big time.

Comment

Re: I'm not scared Now!!!

Thanks for all the really encouraging and supportive replies. I have never known a service and forum as friendly as the Vodahost one.

I am going to fiddle around getting used to Bluevoda for a few weeks and I can't wait to post my first site for you all to see!

With best regards,

Paulp

Ps. Its freezing here in France today (-6 C!!)
                www.punchardrenovation.com
                www.direct2view.com
                client ID 10225

Comment

Originally posted by PaulP
                  Hi everyone,

I have been needing a Website for my renovations business in France for quite some time now (shamefully for over two years!) and have downloaded the Bluevoda programme, but have not got anywhere yet!

Frankly the more I look into the support forums, the more scared I become. I am not very "au-fait" with computers and therefore think that once I join I will not be able to cope with the complexity of everything involved to build myself a comprehensive website. Some of the terminology sacres me and I feel that most users know a lot more than I do, so any initial support I would need would seem too trivial and therefore embarassing to ask, let alone anything more technical.

There are people who have offered to provide me sites for around a couple of hundred pounds - but I have always wanted full control to edit and alter my own site, Bluevoda does look ideal but I feel over the last year, the level of expertise required to use edit and improve a website is overwhelming me somewhat!

Can anyone offer their views please and does/did anyone feel the same way as me before signing up?

With very best regards,

Paulp
                  I was also very scared when I began. In fact I still am about some things.
                  I didn't know the first thing about computers and sure didn't understand any of the terms used. However, working with vodahost has been extremely helpful and I have found that building this site is NOT as hard as it seemed.
                  I still have fears on some of the things I will be doing but I keep learning as I go and my fears keep going away. Look at it this way, you could spend that money to let someone else do it, but that can be expensive and YOU don't really learn from it. You have already wanted this for some time. What do you have to lose by trying vodahost? They are very inexpensive and it is alot of fun trying to build yourself. Also, as you build, you learn more and more about computer terminology and other scary things.

My biggest tip would be to study BlueVoda and Soholaunch carefully to see which site builder would be best for your needs. They are both great but they do suit different needs.

Also, never be scared to ask questions!!! I know I have asked lots of them and the people who respond never make me feel like any question is to trivial.
                  After all, how will you know if you don't ask? We all had to start somewhere, we all had questions to ask, including the people who now answer those questions!!!!!

Keep on going and if you do decide to go with Vodahost, I think you will be pleased. Just don't give up!!!!
                  catsgreen420

Comment

Working...
                  X