Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Email setup

Hi,

I need some help to set up email. I have created the pop accounts and I have created the accounts in Outlook 2003, but can not send or receive mail. I can log in to RoundCube, but can't send mail from there either. Please help.

Mail to be set up - jaco@jpix4u.com & dirk@jpix4u.com

Thank you
    www.jpix4u.com

Re: New Email setup

Hi,
    The support team made some changes to my account and now it is working perfectly. Thanx
    www.jpix4u.com

Comment

I am new and I am having the same problems. I spent all day working on this. I set up 3 pop accounts, and still cant get not one to work. Good news is i can send out but cant receive. :( I did the tutorials, and read most of the forum to see if i can get answers. And still no answer to help me. HELPPP!!!!!

Comment

I have submitted a support ticket. I think they changed some settings, because I was notified to test it again and that it shoud be working. Everything is fine now.
        www.jpix4u.com

Comment

Not mentioned in both the Video and written instructions to set up Pop3 mail in Outlook is to tick the remember password box (the one above the 'log in using Secure Pasword Authentication (SPA)' box which they do tell you not to tick)
          So if things are not working try ticking it!

Originally posted by Ladyace View Post
          I am new and I am having the same problems. I spent all day working on this. I set up 3 pop accounts, and still cant get not one to work. Good news is i can send out but cant receive. :( I did the tutorials, and read most of the forum to see if i can get answers. And still no answer to help me. HELPPP!!!!!

Comment

textilecolors

a
            Originally posted by Ladyace View Post

Comment

VodaTips.com - EMAIL, Outlook 2003, Adding Email Accounts, Steps

Once the account is added -- you will ADD EMAIL ACCOUNT and create a User name (username@yourdomainname.com) and password in your cPanel at VodaHost, you will need to also add the same account in Outlook:

1. Open Outlook, and click on > TOOLS > EMAIL ACCOUNTS

2. Click > ADD EMAIL ACCOUNT

3. Click > POP3 ACCOUNT

4. Enter top left "User Information" section the User Name as created (Name ; Full.Name ; Full_Name, etc.)

5. Enter email address using all lower case (user @domainname.com)

6. In entering "Logon Information" User Name is email address all lower case and use the "+" symbol instead of the "@" symbol: user+domain.com
              It is important you use the "+" symbol here and not the "@" symbol!

7. Enter PASSWORD as created

8. Tick "Remember Password" box

9. Enter "Incoming POP3" server and "Outgoing SMTP" server the same information: mail.domainname.com

10. Click > MORE SETTINGS button > GENERAL tab, enter User Name Complete (i.e. Susan Smith / Company Name)

11. Click > OUTGOING SERVER tab, tick box "My Outgoing (SMTP) Server Requires Authentication"

12. Click > ADVANCED tab, move "Timeout" slide a bit, and reset to "1 minute 30 seconds"

13. Click > OK to return to setup dialog, click on > TEST ACCOUNT SETTINGS to send test email. Should be successful....if not, is usually a connection glitch, or a false "read" by Outlook itself. Most of the time you will discover an email successfully sent when opening Outlook again once it is shut down and 'resets' itself with new configurations = saving settings. Same for "Send but cannot receive" and "Receive but cannot Send": when you turn off to "reset" do so for at least 3 minutes so Windows does not automatically restart with last active settings but as if first time for the day....

14. Click > NEXT to finish setup! You're done!

If you are consistently getting Error messages, it is a connection issue on your end entirely. Double-check your firewalls, security program, and setup: you may need to power down your computer and reset your router (if you have one) by disconnecting it for at least 1 minute, reconnecting, and then powering back up. This also allows Outlook to "Save & Set" your settings from the last session, and should now be part of it's standard operating procedures upon startup.
              . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
              * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
              X