Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double Whammy

Hi again.

I'm almost done building my site. I'm stuck on two things...email and guestbook. I've spent the last 4.5 hours trying to figure these out and I finally had to ask for some help.

1) I have set up my email in my cPanel ok. Configuring seems to be a problem though. I've watched the tutorials ad nauseum and something isn't clicking with me. I know the account works since I sent a message from my aol mail account and it showed up in RoundCube just fine. When I try to send a test message using the "contact me" button on an opened webpage I recieve an error message.

2) Guestbook (sorry if this is the wrong place to discuss). I have gone through all the setup procedure for this including entering the "777" into permissions and I still can't get the thing to work.

Any guesses on these two items? Try them out on my site if you think it will help to pinpoint where I've gone wrong. http://www.andrewtuckerart.com

Thanks for any advice to help get me rolling. You guys have been outstanding so far and I appreciate it.

Andy

Re: Double Whammy

I think I may have solved my email woes. I tested my "contact me" button and I received my test message in my Windows Mail on my computer. No error messages! It isn't showing up in Round Cube though. I guess as long as I can read them thru Windows Mail I will be ok.

I'm still stumped on my guestbook however.

Andy

Comment

The contact link does not work for me as well as a couple other of the links. Check the link to make sure it is exactly as the page. Make sure the extension is correct too.

The guestbook- did you use the one in cpanel and install if via the cpanel too? Give a link to the instructions/video used to install.

Andy
      PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Thanks for the reply Andy.

I totally just reconfigured everything regarding my email. The link for "contact me" works fine. I type a test message, brief pause, and then I get an error message...

"The host 'pop3' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly.
        Subject 'Test Message June 23, 2008', Account: 'pop3', Server: 'pop3', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D"

Does anyone know what this means? Also, I see nothing in my Horde acoount that I just set up as well. I am 100% stumped and frustrated.

My POP3 and SMTP are "mail.andrewtuckerart.com" . Is this correct?

I read elsewhere in this forum that a possibility may be my Port 25 may be blocked by my ISP. Yesterday I sent them an email asking if it was, and if so, to unblock it. No word back on that.

Any help would be great. I feel that email is the most important part of my website and there isn't much sense in having one without it. That's why the frustration.

Thanks.

Andy

PS. I am considering dropping the guestbook all together. I'm not sure it fits in with my website.

PS #2. Also if you click the "contact me" button on my "Links" page you can give it a try. http://www.andrewtuckerart.com/links.html I'm focusing on that page until it works then I'll make sure the other "contact me" buttons on the other pages are working correctly after that. Phew!

Comment

Andy-

The commission and links page open the web page in its own window- not the current site window. This is because in this link- you have choosen _blank in the TARGET box. Go back to those links and clear out the target box and leave it empty. Save and publish.

The contact and commission pages do not show up at all for me. I get a page not found. The links are wrong some how. Check to make sure that they are spelled exactly as they should be as case sensitive is key here.

Once that is done- we can then diagnois the contact problem.

Andy
          PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Working...
          X