Problems with index page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with index page

hi, I just uploaded my first page to the public folder by using the publish button in bluevoda, everything worked fine except that when I typed in my domain url (thats should display my homepage(index.html)) but instead I got a page displaying " Index of: ............(list of all the .gif image files, even my index.html file). My site was stored in MY Documents, BlueVoda. In the blue voda folder there is a images folder where I put all the images I used. I thought that when I upload the page, cpanel will automatically create a images folder in the filemanager and upload the image files to it. But after going into the control panel I noticed that all the image files where dumped into the publich folder along with the index.html page. Please help

Regards

Re: Problems with index page

Hi, your images will all appear in the same directory unless the site is built in a different way, which may be more difficult to some new users.
    The list you are getting is down to your index page not being named correctly. It should be named in lower case text as index only with no extensions like php or html. Just index.

Good luck.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

So I went and changed the file to index without any extension, thus it appears as index.bvp in the folder on my computer. I uploaded it and deleted the previous Index file. Whenever I type in my url it still gives the same page with the list of files. Its funny because if I type in my domain name with the /index.html extension, the homepage appears. But not if I just type in my domain name.

Have a look:

Regards

Comment

Hi Wmarais,
        Do not upload the bvp file. Publish it using the Publish button. To test your page, type in the url e.g. www.wmaraissitename.com
        Bless you
        Tom

Comment

I only used the publish button in bluevoda, not the filemanger. I only went to the file manager to checked if all the files were uploaded. I am really struggling to get the page to work. It is funny that whenever I type the url, it gives me that list and in the list there is still a html page called Index, with the capital letter. I went into filemanger a while ago and deleted it and published the file index with lower case. But the file Index.html still appears in the list.??

Regards

Comment

Your site looks fine to me. Looks like you came right...
            Bless you
            Tom

Comment

Hi, I am unfortunately still having the problem that the page with the list of files appear when I enter www.playeast.com in my browser. Any other ideas how I can fix it. How does the site appear when you click on the link?

Regards

Comment

And by the way, Tom are you from South Africa?
                I am from Bloemfontein.

Regards

Comment

Is your name Whitey perhaps?
                  Bless you
                  Tom

Comment

Whitey? no, it Willem

Comment

Hi Willem, (for a moment i thought...i know a nother w marais at Bloem).
                      Press F5 a few times when you view in explorer. You must work on your image sizes using Pixresizer. Ther could be something wrong with your dynam1c drive source code as it is displayed for quite a time before the images appear.
                      Bless you
                      Tom

Comment

When I clicked your link, a yellow back ground with a list of characters came up for just a split scond, then your page loaded, but at the top there were some charcters along the top. Did you correct over the top of your other page, or start from a new page. It looks like there is another bunch of stuff under the page you made.
                        Mike

Any excuse for non performance only weakens the charactor

In God We Trust

Comment

Working...
                        X