Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem with email config

Hi all,

I hope someone out there can help me solve the problem I'm having with my email. I set up an email account in the cpanel and clicked the autoconfig for outlook express. My domain name is virtualbusinesssupport.net and the email I set up is info@virtualbusinesssupport.net. I can send email from this address to my personal email, also set up in outlook express, but I can not receive email to this address. This is my first time having web hosting etc so it's all new to me. I've spent the last 4 days reading the forums trying to find an anwer to my problem. I have read the "Help, I cannot set up my email post" but it didn't help me. I changed the smtp from mail.virtualbusinesssupport.net to smtp.myispdomain.ie as mentioned in the "Help..." post because when I checked my isp's website their instructions for setting up email in outlook express states I should put their domain name in the smtp ougoing mail box as smtp.theirdomain.ie. I have made lots of changes to the settings and sent lots of test emails. They must be going somewhere as I only received one failure notice today from my isp, regarding a test email I had sent on the 18th June, with the following message:

<info@virtualbusinesssupport.net>: host
    virtualbusinesssupport.net[74.86.118.27] said: 451 Temporary local problem
    - please try later (in reply to RCPT TO command)

I haven't a clue what means. There were no msgs in the inbox of my webmail either. Can anyone shed any light on this problem for me. I will be eternarlly grateful!

Re: problem with email config

Hello your pop3 and smtp should both be mail.virtualbusinesssupport.net

Try changing your user name to info+virtualbusinessssupport.net (change the @ to +)

Outlook and Outlook Express can be a pain sometimes. Someone advised me years ago that if an email is not playing. Delete from the list and start again. And yes it did work.

Try doing it manually instead.

Regards

Darren

Comment

Hi Darren,

I have tried everything you've mentioned. I had both pop3 and smpt mail.virtualbusinesssupport.net and when that didn't work I tried changing the smpt to my isp's as that is what was required for my personal email address in outlook express. I also tried the user name with + instead of @ but that didn't work either. I also deleted the email from cpanel and outlook express and input info manually but that didn't work either. I really can't think of anything else.

Should the webmail be receiving the test emails even if outlook isn't?

Comment

just to add.. I've just noticed in horde that my email address shows up as an _net and not .net at the end of it. I've never used horde before. Is this normal?

Comment

I think there may lie your problem. Go to your cpanel where you created the address. I can't get on mine to check my settings oddly??

see if its _net or .net

Hopefully it will be _net thats causing all the problems. So if that's the case just change it to .net.

You might have to remove it, but that's OK, just redo it.

Darren

Comment

I double checked cpanel and it's .net in cpanel but _net in horde webmail. I rang my isp provider and they say as my sending emails through their server is ok then it's down to vodahosts server that I can't receive emails. I've submitted a support ticket to customer support so hopefully they can sort it out. Thanks for your suggestions though.

Karen

Comment

I also am a first time user and I have changed everything I can send out find but can't receive. I keep getting error can't locate server. How long does it take for VodaHost to actually setup the account. is there a 24- 72 hour delay since i am only changing the DNS at my registers. I have contact them and everything is a go they have told me it is all on Voda's side now. some help would be greatfully apprieciated.

Thanks,
              Pete

Comment

Working...
              X