This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook 2003

I set up email in cpanel and in Outlook 2003, I went to send a test email to and from my personal gmail acct. When I sent it from the outlook to gmail, I get a transit error tht reads:

Task 'mail.sunblossomnutrition.com - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

???
    Maya
    www.sunblossomnutrition.com

"Perfect health mean no weakness in the body, or in the mind, or in the relationship between the body and the mind."
    ~ Maharish Mahesh Yogi

Re: Outlook 2003 email problem

Hi Sunblossom
    I know way it will work for you when…
    Your Outgoing Server is set to.. smtp.yourInternetServiceProvider.com (just like your personal mail).
    And your Incoming Server i.e. POP Mail Server is set to.. mail.sunblossomnutrition.com
    Hope that helps Doug

Comment

hi doug - thanks, so your saying to change the outgoing server address to smtp.yourInternetServiceProvider.com?
      Maya

"Perfect health mean no weakness in the body, or in the mind, or in the relationship between the body and the mind."
      ~ Maharish Mahesh Yogi

Comment

VodaTips.com - EMAIL, Outlook 2003, Adding Email Accounts, Steps

Once the account is added -- you will ADD EMAIL ACCOUNT and create a User name (username@yourdomainname.com) and password in your cPanel at VodaHost, you will need to also add the same account in Outlook:

1. Open Outlook, and click on > TOOLS > EMAIL ACCOUNTS

2. Click > ADD EMAIL ACCOUNT

3. Click > POP3 ACCOUNT

4. Enter top left "User Information" section the User Name as created (Name ; Full.Name ; Full_Name, etc.)

5. Enter email address using all lower case (user @domainname.com)

6. In entering "Logon Information" User Name is email address all lower case and use the "+" symbol instead of the "@" symbol: user+domain.com
        It is important you use the "+" symbol here and not the "@" symbol!

7. Enter PASSWORD as created

8. Tick "Remember Password" box

9. Enter "Incoming POP3" server and "Outgoing SMTP" server the same information: mail.domainname.com

10. Click > MORE SETTINGS button > GENERAL tab, enter User Name Complete (i.e. Susan Smith / Company Name)

11. Click > OUTGOING SERVER tab, tick box "My Outgoing (SMTP) Server Requires Authentication"

12. Click > ADVANCED tab, move "Timeout" slide a bit, and reset to "1 minute 30 seconds"

13. Click > OK to return to setup dialog, click on > TEST ACCOUNT SETTINGS to send test email. Should be successful....if not, is usually a connection glitch, or a false "read" by Outlook itself. Most of the time you will discover an email successfully sent when opening Outlook again once it is shut down and 'resets' itself with new configurations = saving settings.

14. Click > NEXT to finish setup! You're done!

If you are consistently getting the Error messages as shown above, it is a connection issue on your end entirely. Double-check your firewalls, security program, and setup: you may need to power down your computer and reset your router (if you have one) by disconnecting it for at least 1 minute, reconnecting, and then powering back up. This also allows Outlook to "Save & Set" your settings from the last session, and should now be part of it's standard operating procedures upon startup.
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

G-Mail Setup Instructions For Outlook 2003 >> http://mail.google.com/support/bin/a...n&answer=13278

How To Set Up G-Mail For Your Domain Email in Outlook 2003 (PDF) >> http://www.perfectpcservices.com/How...in%20Email.pdf

Comment

Hi Sunblossom
            Yes your Outgoing Server is the same as you would regularly use.
            You will usually need to check on SSL authentication.
            As Vasili states you will need to create accounts.
            So when you send out mail through Outlook you can utilize (username@yourdomainname.com).
            Hey Vasili… Thanks for the detailed rundown for setting up email. I know it will be helpful to many here at the forum.
            Doug

Comment

hi guys, thanks for your help, I did everything and everything works great except still no incoming emails for some reason. I am having a friend come over and look at it tomorrow, but thanks again.
              Maya

~ Maharish Mahesh Yogi

Comment

Originally posted by dougnez View Post
                You will usually need to check on SSL authentication.
                No, you do not set this: this is only required for Dedicated IP's or with cart-like systems that have a cert installed.
                See Step 11 above.

Sunblossom!
                Glad you got thru the set up ..... usually, after a few startups, Outlook "remembers" how it is supposed to operate, and will eventully poll the server for incoming mail. Be sure you have enabled the "Send & Receive" to auto-start, say, every 5 minutes.....

Comment

Working...
                X