Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need an advice on SohoLaunch & osComerciel

Hi everybody,
    i am about to make a shopping-site, and i was thinking about using Soholaunch and/or osComerciel. My question is: do you have to to use both or do you only have to use one the two programs?

I was also looking through the tutorials of both programs, and it seems like osComerciel is more like BlueVoda, when it comes to designing the webpage, while with SohoLaunch you can only use templates. Is that correct or?

If i would like to make a shopping-site, where i have the most freedom to design my page like i want (as in BlueVoda), which program would you advise me to use? SohoLaunch, osComerciel or both?

Best regards
    Rico

Re: Need an advice on SohoLaunch & osComerciel

If you want the MOST freedom to design your page, I wouldn't use either, but would continue to use BV and then would add a shopping cart - look at my sites in my signature - Pinata Palace and A Child's Palace are both built and designed in BV, and I use CartManager for a shopping cart (www.moxie-enter-prises.com/cartmanager.html)

If you want my opinion on OsCommerce and Soho, I'd go with Soho if those were my only two choices. OsCommerce has a much higher learning curve. In any of the shopping carts like OsCommerce and Soho, you'll have less design control, as the cart, to a certain extent, designs the pages within the chosen templates. As to templates, both have many, many templates, but I usually can pick out an OsCommerce store at a glance - can't always with Soho, as the templates vary more (IMO).
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
    X