E-mail Showing Username

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-mail Showing Username

I hope someone can help me. I've set up my e-mail addresses but when I send an e-mail, the person receiving it gets my address with my username ie. username@giftcorporation.net What have I done wrong?
    www.giftcorporation.net
    Michele

Re: E-mail Showing Username

Go into your email form, click on the email field and where you have 'Email' written in the 'Name' field, change it to 'email'

Just changing E to e will make all the difference!!
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

This is going to seem like a stupid question I know! Where do I find the email form? I'm sorry but I'm completely new to all these things I'm struggling along trying to find my way around all these problems I'm having.
      Thanks for the help!

Comment

No, not a stupid question.. infact, I am the one who is stupid... You don't have an email form sorry. The way your question was worded I am afraid I made a wrong presumption.

This also now throws me totally off the scent to why this should be happening for you??
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Can you rephrase your problem, as I can't see what could be going wrong for you, the way you have it set up?

Comment

I went into the CPanel and created my email accounts. I chose two which are: admin@giftcorporation.net and sales@giftcorporation.net
            These two are my current accounts. My default email account is my username@giftcorporation.net (maybe that is the problem). It also says something about rerouting your email if not found and that points to the default account.

Comment

Originally posted by MGibson View Post
              I went into the CPanel and created my email accounts. I chose two which are: admin@giftcorporation.net and sales@giftcorporation.net
              These two are my current accounts. My default email account is my username@giftcorporation.net (maybe that is the problem). It also says something about rerouting your email if not found and that points to the default account.
              I am not an expert on this as I rarely use web based emails, but have set a few up for clients..

I believe it always sets up a default email like that anyway, but this has never effected any email addresses I have set up besides this.

Are you sure you didn't change any of the settings, rerouters, etc?

If someone emails you at admin@ or sales@, as long as these are set up you should receive these with no problems.

Just check you haven't set something to forward all to one address?

Comment

Sorry, I didn't explain that properly. My display name in the CPanel was my username. I changed this to sales@ but now when I receive an email it shows it is coming from sales[username@giftcorporation.net]

Comment

Originally posted by MGibson View Post
                  Sorry, I didn't explain that properly. My display name in the CPanel was my username. I changed this to sales@ but now when I receive an email it shows it is coming from sales[username@giftcorporation.net]
                  ahh ok... you need to go back into your cp, change the sales@back to username@ then create a NEW email sales@

Comment

Not Exactly.... it is a setting in Outlook, not anything to do with the already properly created email alias in cPanel....

Take a look at this post, especially Step 10 > http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/241058-post4.html
                    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

I have not set up my email to connect to Outlook. I work and do my giftbasket business part time so I did not want to mess with any settings at the office. Looks like I have 3 email accounts username@....., sales@.... and admin@...... Seems to be working now if I access my mail through cp then email accounts and then I select the address I want to view.

Comment

Best way Michele.

Comment

Working...
                        X