Form - contact us

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Form - contact us

I don't know what I am doing wrong. I have created a form using the "form wizard" which looks marvelous. When I publish the page and then click on the link (that links it to the form), I get the message "page not found".

What am I doing wrong? I haven't had any problem with the pages that I have uploaded so far.

Kachano
    Thanks VH! www.theconfab.net

Re: Form - contact us

Your form is in http://www.theconfab.net/contact_us.php

In your menu, you have linked the page as html. Pages that contain forms with the built in Form processor, are, instead, published as php.

Change the link in your menus and you will be ok.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks very much, ND. I feel ashamed. :(

Comment

No reason at all to be ashamed.

When i started, i didn't know what FTP, html, php, and many more terms, meant.....
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I am, yet again, facing another problem which I am unable to fix. I have created "success" and "failure" pages for the "contact form" - named "success.bvp" and "failure.bvp". I then uploaded the pages and went to check the form. After hitting the "submit" button, I get to the page with message "Page not found". :(
          I then went back to BV and opened the "contact us" page and then double clicked on the main form area which brought up "Form Properties". I then filled the "Success URL" as http://www.theconfab.net/success.html and "Failure URL" as http://www.theconfab.net/failure.html

After making these changes I uploaded the form again and went back to the form page on the internet. Filled the form up and submitted it just to see the same "Page not found".

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Kachano

Comment

Your pages can NOT be found even with the direct links you provided. Click to see. So it is not a problem of the form page. Check HOW you have saved / published your success and failure pages.
            Navaldesign

Comment

Ahhhh. Been trying to fix the "success" and "failure" pages. I cant figure it out for the life of me what's wrong. When
              visitors fils up our online form (contact us page) and hits the submit button, the browser won't take them to success or failure pages. It will take them to "page not found". However, I do get their messages in my inbox.

What am I doing wrong?

I have a "contact page" up and running. http://www.theconfab.net/contact_us.php

I have already made "success and failure" pages as shown below:

I have checked everything I could think of but can't find what the fault.

Here's a screen shot of the "contact us" page with "from properties opened".

Do I need to fill anything in "Success" and "failure" URL (marked in green and red)?

I thank you in advance for your suggestions.

Comment

Give each form a name, sucess or failure is fine just not form.
                Reguards
                Ed
                www.dsondesigns.com
                www.marseillesyouthsports.com
                www.300hitter.com
                www.bigjk.net
                How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

There's only 1 form (contact us) named "Form" in form properties (it is saved as contact_us on the disk). The other two pages that you see in my previous post are "success" and "failure" pages not forms.

Any idea how to go about it?

Comment

Your problem is that you have published the success and failure pages as php, but instead, in the Form Wizard, you have typed (from the images you posted) as html
                    Here are your pages:

and http://www.theconfab.net/failure.php

Open your form page, and, in the success and failure pages URL fields, type the two above URLs and you will be ok.
                    Navaldesign

Comment

Thank you very much, ND. I couldn't figure it for almost two weeks. :(

Once again, thank you very much for extended help.

Kachano

Comment

Working...
                      X