Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contact Me Page? & General ?

Hi,

What items do I need to be placed on my contact me page?

Also, when is the right time to publish, after I create all of my website? Or

one page at a time?

pammy53

Re: Contact Me Page? & General ?

If you wait a little while, the 'Wise Ones' will be along to tell you.
    Me, I'm new at it too, but I suppose you publish when you feel you are ready. I was very eager and couldn't wait, so I completed some pages and started others and put them all on! Now I work at improving as I'm going along. I think I can get a better idea if I'm looking 'at the real thing' but I imagine it's each to their own.
    On my contact page I put the basics but I want to add a map and email link but I don't know how to do this yet. So I will practice off line and then make my changes. What you put on your page will depend on what your site is about. Just think about it and plan it.
    Good luck.
    Patsy
    www.waterlandspark.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by pammy53 View Post
      Hi, What items do I need to be placed on my contact me page?
      Also, when is the right time to publish, after I create all of my website? Or one page at a time? pammy53
      Because Blue Voda has the PREVIEW function (which allows you to see and 'test' your web pages in a real working browser), you can build a website complete before Publishing it: this is advised, as the Search Engines wil invariably begin to crawl over your "site in progress" and begin caching pages despite them being all there or not, which can be a liability for you and future ranking because of "missing pages" and/or "broken links" and other items that do not full mesh until everything is fully in place.

Once you have your website complete, you can publish it in a single session, and then be sure to create and install an XML sitemap file and install it on your pages .... then re-publish them again. Sounds repetitive, but a sitemap can only be created once the site is "static" and then you need to install that sitemap and link on each of the pages, thus the need to re-publish them once again.
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thank you for your help and responding, however, now I need to know, what is a XML sitemap file?

pammy53

Comment

ditto?
          www.waterlandspark.co.uk

Comment

xml is a form of code, an xml sitemap is a coded sitemap im guessing, so an xml sitemap file is probably a file for a sitemap written in code.
            Z0mg it burned!

Comment

Originally posted by pammy53 View Post
              Thank you for your help and responding, however, now I need to know, what is a XML sitemap file? pammy53
              Read a few of these threads to get a little more familiar with the concept.

Then, read this post to create a sitemap for your website. You will find the process easy and quite effective when implemented properly!
              . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
              * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

You can go HERE to create your sitemap. Then go to FTP or File Manager in cPanel and upload it to your site.
                Jerry

Great Adult Gag Gifts
                Rockdale, TX - Class of 1965
                Milam County Historical Commission

Comment

Sorry Vasili, I'm just a slow typist...
                  Jerry

Great Adult Gag Gifts
                  Rockdale, TX - Class of 1965
                  Milam County Historical Commission

Comment

Thank you all, for your responses, you've all been very helpful.

pammy53

Comment

Working...
                    X