Contact page Please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contact page Please help

I've had my web page for about 8 months now. I recently redesigned the pages after I installed the voda 10. My contact page and "action" page worked prior to installation of voda 10. My new contact page works and it goes to the success page however, the success page still has the old look. I do recieve emails from the contact page, so I know that is working. I've deleted my old "action" page (only on my PC). I created my success page, saved it and publish it. It still comes up with my old design. I don't know what else to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    www.ajadesignsllc.com

Re: Contact page Please help

Try going to the FTP manager and check to make sure you don't have the same name on both new and old pages ,delete the old and the new should take the place of the old one..if you didn't delete the original you have two in the system........Odezr****

Comment

Ok I deleted it from the FTP in C-Panel. Now I come up with an error page HTTP 404 not found. In the form properties in the success URL I have http://www.ajadesignsllc/success.html. Is that correct? I did publish it again.
      Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by AJADesignsLLC View Post
        Ok I deleted it from the FTP in C-Panel. Now I come up with an error page HTTP 404 not found. In the form properties in the success URL I have http://www.ajadesignsllc/success.html. Is that correct? I did publish it again.
        Thanks
        Go back to your file manager and find your success page make sure to take note of exactly how it is spelled, 9 times out of 10 there is a spelling error, and the last one, is the wrong file type (.html vs .php) the name on that page and the link must match exactly or it will not be linked and show the error.
        Reguards
        Ed
        www.dsondesigns.com
        www.marseillesyouthsports.com
        www.300hitter.com
        www.bigjk.net
        How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

I am still haveing a problem with the success page and error page from the contact form.
          On the page properties of the form for the success URL I have http:www.ajadesignsllc.com/success.html and the error page I have htt:www.ajadesignsllc.com/error.html. Both pages are saved as success and error. When I test the page live I still come up with page not found with the 404 error.
          I don't know what I am doing wrong.

Comment

I can pull up both pages just fine, now if your form doesn't redirect to them check the links in your form properties.
            Reguards
            Ed
            www.dsondesigns.com
            www.marseillesyouthsports.com
            www.300hitter.com
            www.bigjk.net
            How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

You must have changed the form properties. The /success.html URL goes to /action.php
              I noticed you are using uppercase in your page names? That is OK until you make a sitemap and the pages cannot be indexed!
              CarbonTerry
              Semper Fi
              Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
              Zone 5 Photo
              My USMC

Comment

It's me again.
                I am so confused!!! In my form properties on the contact page, should the form name be action.php? right now it is nameed contactus. I didn't change anything on the form properties, other than adding my email, success and failure pages. I have check off in the form processing section the "use built in php form processor to send the data to an email address."
                On the page properties for both my success and failure pages I have them named sucess and failure and the file extension if php (used when this page is published) Is taht correct?
                I've done everything from going to cpanel to check the spelling and deleting the old pages.
                Thanks for all of your help,
                Andrea

Comment

Working...
                X