Larger Sites - BlueVoda or Soho??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Larger Sites - BlueVoda or Soho??

I want to build a new site which will eventually be 100 pages plus and could end up much larger.

1. I have only used BV for smaller sites to this point, but find that:
    2. Even with 12 or so pages, it is cumbersome in loading each page separately. It would be nice if BV could load all or selected pages in one hit.
    3. When a template change is made it has to be applied to each page separately.
    4. When a page is added, links must be added to each page separately. The bigger the site, the worse it gets.
    5. It looks like with SOHO a new template or colors can be applied across the whole site (as with StoresonLine builder).

I have not used SOHO yet, but from what I can see, and from experience of some other site builders, it looks easier to manage larger sites?

(I realise there are other reasons why someone might need to use Soho, eg the ecommerce cart etc - but right now I would just like a response on the ease of build for larger sites question.)

It might be that I am still doing things in BV in a slow way - if so, I would love to know how to do things faster. It is not the build itself but the issues above that take too much time.

Thank you soldiers,
    Cheers,
    Muzz

Re: Larger Sites - BlueVoda or Soho??

Hi, personally i prefer BV, but worth a look at Navals php way of building a page. You can slip the page into quite a few areas & then be able to just update 1 area globally. LINK TO PHP PAGES.
    Just an idea.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Re: Larger Sites - BlueVoda or Soho??

Thank looks a great approach thanks Chris.
      Cheers,
      Muzz

Comment

Working...
      X