Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ftp

Hi,

I can't get to ftp. The link sent to me, billing e-mail, doesn't work.

Anyone know how to go about it?

Thanks in advance.

Kachano
    Thanks VH! www.theconfab.net

Re: ftp

Here's the link.

ftp://ftp.theconfab.net/

I can't, for the life of me, get there. :(

Comment

Depends on whether or not you have made DNS changes for a domain registered elsewhere first, or if you yet are waiting for your account to populate (if you purchased your domain from VodaHost along with your hosting account).

All the links (including FTP and "temporary" account publishing) are detailed within the same Account Confirmation email. Make sure you are following protocol and using the correct information.
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili
        Depends on whether or not you have made DNS changes for a domain registered elsewhere first
        I have made those changes before transferring to VH.
        or if you yet are waiting for your account to populate (if you purchased your domain from VodaHost along with your hosting account).
        I'd really appreciate you saying it in a layman language for me please.
        All the links (including FTP and "temporary" account publishing) are detailed within the same Account Confirmation email. Make sure you are following protocol and using the correct information.
        I have them all in "account confirmation" e-mail. All the links work except ftp.theconfab.net :(

Comment

Originally posted by kachano View Post
          Originally posted by Vasili View Post
          or if you yet are waiting for your account to populate (if you purchased your domain from VodaHost along with your hosting account).
          I'd really appreciate you saying it in a layman language for me please.

I have them all in "account confirmation" e-mail. All the links work except ftp.theconfab.net :(
          It takes some time for each account to actualy be physically established on the servers, so it may take 24-72 hours before your account is fully "populated" on the VodaHost servers (in addition to the time required for DNS changes to be enabled at your domain Registrar, who may take a few hours or up to 5 days -- as allowed by ICANN).....
          .... which might explain why the FTP access is not yet fully functional: your account may not be fully enabled with a Control Panel (which 'governs' the FTP module, a standard feature of your Control Panel). Verify your account status/progess via your ability (or lack thereof) to log into your Control Panel.
          If you can access your Control Panel, then your hosting account is fully activated, and you can even use the FTP client from within your Control Panel rather than use a 3rd party utility!
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
          X