Page Weight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Page Weight

Just wondering if page size (weight) is an issue with the .bvp extension. I just created a page that is pretty much a copy of an existing page from my html site. The original page is about 50k but with VB the page is around 600k? does it shrink when published or do I have to cut back on images etc.
    thnx
    glendene
    The Female Zone

Re: Page Weight

Hi, bit hard to say without seeing your original pages. Some older pages if tested to see the weight somtimes would not include the images in a test calculation. (Which all seems a bit daft) The old BV used to do this.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks Chris, There are more images in the .bvp page that I have created but not so much that the file size would blow out as it has. (10 times as big as the original html version) I am concerned that if I produce a page in bvp that the file size will be inherently larger than if I produced it using (for example) dreamweaver or NVU
      Any help greatly appreciated
      thanks
      Glendene
      The Female Zone

Comment

Hi, must admit that i can see BV being slightly larger by a few kb, but not 100's. Can you post any example pages for us to see ???
        Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Sure, the page I am *******ting is at http://www.penis-enlargement4u.com/index.html
          I'm not sure how to send you the bvp page because I havnt signed up yet for your hosting service??
          The Female Zone

Comment

When looking at the page weight in the tool bar thats the weight of the page all added up but if you look at the kbs for the html page you will see its like 20% of it example page my angel figurines say 194 in page weight the angels-figurineshtml say 49 and when its published it just below 49. Hope this helps
            sigpicJoe
            Funny Jokes and Redneck Pics

www.anytime-figurines.com

"laughter is the best medicine"
            The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Comment

thanks jkadin
              The Female Zone

Comment

Hi, tried to import the page into BV & it gave me 185'ish kb.
                Tried this site & it gave me about 240 kb
                But couldn't get near the 600 mark as a high & definitely not 50 kb as a low.
                Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

hmmm OK thanks, I will have a look. Very late in Australia at the moment so I might settle in for a while and watch Tour De France. Thanks for your help
                  Glandene
                  The Female Zone

Comment

Working...
                  X