Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I hide text to use the words as Meta Tags?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I hide text to use the words as Meta Tags?

1) I am aware that items can be placed behind others, but is it possible to enter text onto a page and then send the text box behind a picture, in order to use the text contents as Meta Tags? I have words that I need to use as Meta Tags but they are not in any of my pages and I don't really wish to put them on show.

2) If so, will the text box show up when published?

3) Can phrases be used when tagging or should just single words be used?

Thanks again

Patsy
    www.waterlandspark.co.uk

Re: Can I hide text to use the words as Meta Tags?

1, Not a good idea. Some large company's have been put to the bottom of the pile for this sort of thing.
    2.It will always show in the html of the page.
    3. Yes! Keep it short.

Always best to keep the page as honest as possible. Dont try & cheat the system as it will bite back.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks. I won't do that then!
      www.waterlandspark.co.uk

Comment

If the words need to be used as meta tags.. then why arent you using them in the page? How are you determining this?

Heres what you have:
        Waterlands, AI, stallions,broodmares, Devon, quality, breeding, Bradworthy, Holsworthy, EX, stud, 01409,EX22, Wild Dice Bewes,
        You need to do some reading on what keywords are. Your phone number for instance means squat except for lending trust and assurance that you are reachable. EX - not a good key word. Quality-not a good keyword.

The best keyword you have there is the phrase: Wild Dice Bewes. The rest of them should be phrases also. You will be years reaching any audience in any search engine with the individual words Mare, Stallion, broodmares.

Heres the rule.. if its NOT on the page.. dont stuff it in meta. If you want to use it do some research on quality keyword PHRASES and what will bring you the chance of the best search result. Get some text and information on that page that uses those PHRASES.

You also need to work on navigation on all your pages so they dont have to rely on the back button, or they accidently close and they are gone forever.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks Karen
          I have changed some of them now, which I hadn't had a chance to do since starting this thread - thanks Chris.
          Could anyone check and see if I'm getting the hang of it, please?
          How did you find my tags? I have tried to find them on other peoples sites to give me some inspiration, but can't.
          I'm still working on my other pages, that's why the navigation links arn't there yet.
          Excuses - excuses....!!!
          Patsy
          www.waterlandspark.co.uk

Comment

Belay the last pipe!
            Found it under view - source
            www.waterlandspark.co.uk

Comment

Working...
            X