bandwidth transfer questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bandwidth transfer questions

Could some one explain this to me please? I appologize but I just don't get it. I just started my site thursday. Thanks.

Re: bandwidth transfer questions

Not sure of your question--are you referring to the 6000 gb allowed each month? That means that the VodaHost server allows 6000 gigabytes of information and files to be accessed from your site every month. That's a lot more than many hosts and a LOT more than free hosters! Your bandwidth is used up by people who come to your site, the search engine bots that come to your site, possibly links to your site from others and so on.

Another question to ask, especially of the people here who have very successful sites--has anyone ever exceeded 6000 gigs? I'd be curious to know if VodaHost offers a higher-rate service to those with massive sites. Purely for the curiosity, mind you--I'll never get there!

Tom
    CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
    CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
    CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

Yup that's what i was wondering. I have had my site up for 3 days and just over 5000 people have been to it and only like 141 megs have been used. So i wasn't sure what all that meant thanks!!

Comment

It means that if we are aspiring to have the best sites, then "exceeding the allotted bandwidth" (without trickery) is a lofty goal.
        Karen Williams
        Your Belief is Your Reality

Comment

I really can't tell you were the visitors came from. I haven't really said anything about my site but to a few friends. The site is www.myfeatheredfriends.net i made it to show off my birds and will add my cats and dog to it as well. And might a bit about us in there as well who knows. :D

Comment

5000 visitors or 5000 hits? Either way, that's a bunch for a 3 day old site.
            CarbonTerry
            Semper Fi
            Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
            Zone 5 Photo
            My USMC

Comment

6000g band/mo. per account (not per site, so if you have multiple add-on's that are getting somewhere, you need to factor their share in)

Using single-site for this example of band use:
              Average Web Page (with images) 325kb
              Approximately 3.07 page views per MB of band
              6000g of band = 18,420,000,000 page views per month

Apparently, the average page on your site is 280kb (divide 143 by 5000, note the decimal position), and I highly doubt they are page views ..... most likely they are simply bot tracks (your overall site metrics do not currently rank otherwise). You can summarily verify this yourself by finding actual page reports (find out what pages are most delivered) in your cPanel Stats -- which should also tell you from which pages "visitors" abandon the site as well. That is a very useful bit of data, for it will allow you to zero in on the processes to retain visitors and to refine your site to perform optimally to visitor preference.
              . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
              * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

I did look at the page in my cpanel that's where that # came from. There were only a few bots not many at all.

Comment

And??
                  A question remains?

It takes some time to really "read" the results and interpret the basic info in cPanel to understand what is really going on, so hang in there.... like I mentioned, the analytics I found for your site (using advanced tools) tell a different story.

Comment

LOL Yeah why is my allotted bandwidth # and my allotted disk useage # the same?

Comment

Details, please .... (copy+paste into the post the whole page area, not just numbers --- will show us the total picture that way).

Leaving the office now, and will check back in about an hour.

Comment

Working...
                      X