Set up of account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Set up of account

I hope to sign up soon to Vodahost but I have a question. I have a domain name already (which we will call XYZ.com). From reading the forums it appears that I first need to set up an account with VodaHost Domains (which I have done) and click on the quick transfer button to transfer the Domain. They have just sent me a confirmation email (as I am listed in www.whois.sc as the administrator) and I have clicked on teh link and confirmedthe transfer to vodahost domains.

So then back to vodahost (where it appears I also have to set up a separate account) and based on the favourable commentary everywhere I have decided to to sign up for three years for the lowest cost (no discount coupon codes to be found though - any help/too late ?).

I proceed with the order wizard and then problems ...

Then there is an greyed out option "Select a Domain Option" which has my existing domain name listed (entered on previous page) and the option "I will update my DNS name servers only."

However earlier (two pages previous at page one of the Vodhost Order wizard it selects the option "I will use My Existing Domain and update My Nameservers only or Transfering my domain name to VodaHost".

You will see that two pages later the end part ".... or Transfering my domain name to VodaHost has disappeared.

Not wanting to subscribe to the wrong option (which would possibly cause problems to unravel) I stopped the order process to seek clarification.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

RPW
    Dublin, Ireland

p.s. when I spoke to my existing hosting company (for a domain which we have never used and are only now getting around to set up a website) they were taken about when they checked out your website (they hadnt heard of you but put their hands up when they saw what your offered!). They charged €150 per annum "for 100mb UNIX". A bit of a difference.

Re: Set up of account

Ahhh the Irish...Some of the friendliest people in the world.
    Click the below and select option B if you are transfering...

http://www.vodahost.com/order2.htm

VodaHost Doamins is a seperate service that we have for domain name
    mgt. and requires a seperate account...Some people only want domains.
    Last edited by VodaHost; 01-28-2006, 01:01 AM.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Signed up (your easiest sale)
      Now problems with the transfer of the existing domain but no doubt this will sort itself out next week whenexisting domain host in Ireland "wake up".
      Have a good weekend

Comment

I meant to ask another question earlier re vodablue site builder. I have figured out how to design the drop down menus but it appears that I have to create one for each page or else copy and paste from one page to the next. Is it possible to have a "template" drop down menu box and supposing I call this Menu 1 then all I have to do is attach "menu 1" to a page and it will update automatically if I alter the layout of "menu 1" from a central point ?

Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by RPW
          I meant to ask another question earlier re vodablue site builder. I have figured out how to design the drop down menus but it appears that I have to create one for each page or else copy and paste from one page to the next. Is it possible to have a "template" drop down menu box and supposing I call this Menu 1 then all I have to do is attach "menu 1" to a page and it will update automatically if I alter the layout of "menu 1" from a central point ?

Thanks again
          To have only one Dropdown menu that will appear on all pages, you have to make an Inline frame for it to open in. You can save the page with the inline frame as a template and use this template for all your pages. The menu itself must be in a different page that will be linked to this i-frame. Doing so if you want to change the menu, you only edit the menu page
          and all the rest of your pages are automatically updated. The same goes for headers and footers. Have a look at my site, it is done this way.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks Naval Design. I will try that out over the weekend (once I find out how to make an inline frame !)

Comment

Originally posted by RPW
              Thanks Naval Design. I will try that out over the weekend (once I find out how to make an inline frame !)
              You are welcome! Take your time.
              Navaldesign
              Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
              X