unique visits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unique visits

Please verify for me that a "unique" visit comes from different and separate (trackable or traceable) web browsers so that one would tend to believe that 92 unique visits means 92 different people hit on my site. Is that correct?

Also, when I'm viewing Web Stats, what exactly does "Pages" mean in regards to views? If a view consisted of less than 2 secs than it's not possible the visitor visited or hit 5 different pages. Please help me understand this.

Thank you
    Diane
    Diane Milinowski

Re: unique visits

A unique visitor may browse 20 pages. page views dont equal visits.. but your ip...browser hits are probably closer to giving you your unique visits..with the exception of AOL visitors.. who get a new ip with each page alot of times.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks. What about a cookie that is over an hour old and then visiting the website again--will this create a unique visit?

Also, I don't understand what you mean by ip-browser. Do you mean the browser that I'm using? Do you know how to block my visit counts in the cPanel (I do understand that I'm in the wrong forum and I should be in soholaunch's forum, but I thought I'd ask anyway since I don't know what yalls cPanel looks like. My cPanel came with a shopping cart system from Soholaunch but I do all my subdomain work in that cPanel.)

Thanks alot.
      Diane
      Diane Milinowski

Comment

Originally posted by Diane Milinowski View Post
        Thanks. What about a cookie that is over an hour old and then visiting the website again--will this create a unique visit?

Also, I don't understand what you mean by ip-browser. Do you mean the browser that I'm using? Do you know how to block my visit counts in the cPanel (I do understand that I'm in the wrong forum and I should be in soholaunch's forum, but I thought I'd ask anyway since I don't know what yalls cPanel looks like. My cPanel came with a shopping cart system from Soholaunch but I do all my subdomain work in that cPanel.)

Thanks alot.
        Diane
        hey my name is karley and i am 13

Comment

I mean their ip .. or their ip which is registered as a browser/viewer.

A cookie revisiting shouldnt be a unique visitor. Youd have to check your ip and then look for that ip in your stats and discount that ip as a unique visitor.

If you are talking about soho stats.. most of the pages you visit will be by direct page link and it wont show a search used how they arrived etc.. bookmarked pages will also show up by direct url.

You need to install google analytics.. or statcounter on your pages to get a better handle on this.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
          X