configuring webmail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• configuring webmail

I checked in the tutorials for configuring email accounts and it didn't say anything about how to configure "webmail" particularly. I'm not very familiar with email clients and don't realize if any of the programs listed are the same thing as "webmail." I use peoplepc.com for my personal email and that's where I want my websites email to be forwarded to unless I am not understanding if I can have them forwarded to Horde or the other mail client in cPanel. Can I do this first? If so, I don't understand how.

Second, in the cPanel it asks if you want to have your email forwarded to another domain name. When I filled in the information, I typed in my email address at peoplepc.com (like dimilinowski@peoplepc.com) and the program came back with a WARNING...saying the change was not made to another domain but to a email address. But, it let me keep the information and I'm wondering if that is going to be sufficient in order for me to receive my emails in the correct areas? I will not use Outlook Express but I like peoplepc.com and I am not doing to use both just so I can receive my sites emails at an address like heath@heathsstuff.com. Otherwise, I will just put a link on the site and forward it to heathsstuff@peoplepc.com.

Can I have his email sent directly to the Horde software program? If not, why?

Again, I will not use Outlook Express so please help me get this thing configured!

Also, if I use peoplepc.com all the time, why am I getting emails in Outlook Express? Am I missing any emails or are some emails being routed to Outlook Express while the others are being routed to dimilinowski@peoplepc.com?

Thank you alot,
    Diane
    Diane Milinowski

Re: configuring webmail

Hi Diane,

Goto your cPanel and select "Mail"

This is what you will view.

Mail Manager Main Menu

Web Mail Email Domain ForwardingAdd/Remove/Manage AccountsDefault Address Auto-respondersEmail FilteringForwardersMailing Lists SpamAssassin Trace an E-mail Address Modify Mail Exchanger (MX Entry)

Select Forwarder and follow the instructions.
    www.siapamoyanganda.com/
    Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
    State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Working...
    X