My subdomain shows as an Index Page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My subdomain shows as an Index Page

I have been racking my brain and pouring over the tutorials and forum, I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I know adding a sub domain should be easy.

First my domain is www.clearchoicecleaners.com (this is an add-on domain)

I have successfully published my index page and everything works perfectly when I go out to www.clearchoicecleaners.com. Now, when I try to add the sub domain www.clearchoicecleaners.com/services all I get is an "Index of Services" page, I can see one link with services.html and it shows the page I want to come up.

I'm so lost I'm not sure I'm making sense...

I've gone into C-panel and everything looks good... I think

It looks that the sub domain is in the correct place.

If anyone can help with that little information... I'll be completly greatful.

Thanks,
    Tacee

Re: My subdomain shows as an Index Page

Hi anybody knows how to put little pictures next to the domain name,
    just like the letter Y! next to yahoo or simply how to change the internet browser the letter e to my own little logo? and also I tried to post my own thread but i just could not figure out,
    www.juliasandor.com

Comment

Originally posted by tcvieth View Post
      I have been racking my brain and pouring over the tutorials and forum, I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I know adding a sub domain should be easy.

First my domain is www.clearchoicecleaners.com (this is an add-on domain)

I have successfully published my index page and everything works perfectly when I go out to www.clearchoicecleaners.com. Now, when I try to add the sub domain www.clearchoicecleaners.com/services all I get is an "Index of Services" page, I can see one link with services.html and it shows the page I want to come up.

I'm so lost I'm not sure I'm making sense...

I've gone into C-panel and everything looks good... I think

It looks that the sub domain is in the correct place.

If anyone can help with that little information... I'll be completly greatful.

Thanks,
      Tacee
      Hi .. what is the name of the sub-domain that you would like to create?

Also - are you confusing a page of your website, (services) as a sub-domain?

If you are making a subdomain you need to create it and then publish your pages to that directory ??

Please let us know further what you are hoping to accomplish.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by Superwoman View Post
        Hi anybody knows how to put little pictures next to the domain name,
        just like the letter Y! next to yahoo or simply how to change the internet browser the letter e to my own little logo? and also I tried to post my own thread but i just could not figure out,
        www.juliasandor.com

Hi do a search on this forum called favicon .. you will find the threads and the discussions in regards to adding this ...

follow this thread http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...dress-bar.html

To create your own thread, find the area on the forum most appropriate to do so, and then use NEW THREAD - you will see this top left of your page you are viewing ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Hi Ladyeye and thanks for responding...

Here's what I've done:

I purchased the domain www.clearchoicecleaners.com and added it as an add-on in my C panel, then I created an index page and published it. Everything is working perfectly with my index page, now I've created a page for my services..... I saved it as services, I've published it as public_html/clearchoicecleaners.com/services. I've also added it in my C-panel as a sub domain. When In my C-panel it shows my services folder and all the appropriate things.. So what I'm assuming is that once it's published correctly I will end up being able to type in www.clearchoicecleaners.com/service and my services page will show, then I will go in and link my pages togethor. But, all I'm getting is:

Index of /services
          Apache/2.2.8 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.8 OpenSSL/0.9.8b mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.clearchoicecleaners.com Port 80 I'm missing one small ingredient, I've checked my spelling, upper case letters. I just can't quite pin point it.

Comment

You now dont have an index page. IT has to be index to function. Also when linking you have to add the html otherwise its looking for a folder named services. Your addon needs an index page to show up as www.whateversite.com as well

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

HOLY COW!! I'm getting closer, ok... so I created the index page, now when I go to... www.clearchoicecleaners.com/services it shows my service page, BUT... the images are red x's now.. Maybe I should start a new thread, I'm not sure..

Thanks so much...!

Comment

Okay ... let's rewind a bit

Yes, you bought a domain name and it is an add on domain

There is no sub-domain here that you want to use
                (a sub-domain is basically another folder created to keep things separate from the add on domain)

So a folder for services is not necessary ..

You only want to create a page called services, save it as services and publish it to public_html/addondomain

Your page will be found by

www.clearchoicecleaners.com/services.html

Then your images will probably show up since you published those images to your add on domain as doing so when you published the services page to public_html/clearchoicecleaners.com

OMIT the Services from the pubish area ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

I just wanted to make sure that I understood this... Every sub domain needs an index.

Ex. - www.clearchoicecleaners.com needs an index, and the sub domain www.clearchoicecleaners.com/service needs an index also.

Comment

You can ignore that last post... It makes since about the sub domain now.

Thanks!

Comment

Hi, is there a confusion between sub domains & add on domains?
                      You create a subdomain using your existing domain without having to purchase a new domain name & the address will look like this. - www.subdomain.clearchoicecleaners.com
                      An add on domain you will have to purchase an extra domain name.
                      In both cases you will have new directory's/folders in your cpanel to publish to, & each one should have a new index page. (Remember to create a new folder on you machine for all extra domains & sub-domains to save confusion & accidental over-witting of pages with same name.
                      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Perfect you are set and your images are showing .. good stuff!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
                        X