Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dedicated IP?

Hi everyone...
    I thank you in advance for your help today.

I am currently building my site with BV and plan to sign up for web service today.
    My question is... Do I need to have a dedicated IP if I plan to sell some items? I will probably continue building my site with BV and utilizing the paypal shopping cart.
    I apologize if this question is so simple! I did do a search and found that I only need it if I do a Ecommerce store.... but is that an "entity" of it's own... that is used with SohoLaunch?

Thanks for helping me out!
    Like candles?
    You will love us.
    www.everydaywhims.com

Re: Dedicated IP?

Hi, as a start up site using PayPal, you can just use BV & a VH account with no problems.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Originally posted by Collectors-info View Post
      Hi, as a start up site using PayPal, you can just use BV & a VH account with no problems.

Thanks so much!
      Like candles?
      You will love us.
      www.everydaywhims.com

Comment

If you ever plan to use a standard Merchant Account (having a Business Banking account and a Credit Card Processing Provider) or upgrade your PayPal Account to Merchant or Pro, the fact that these use a gateway to process transactions does in fact require you to have a Dedicated IP and a valid SSL installed (so they can verify protection of information).

Have fun webbing, and good luck!
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
          If you ever plan to use a standard Merchant Account (having a Business Banking account and a Credit Card Processing Provider) or upgrade your PayPal Account to Merchant or Pro, the fact that these use a gateway to process transactions does in fact require you to have a Dedicated IP and a valid SSL installed (so they can verify protection of information).

Have fun webbing, and good luck!

Hmmmm... I will keep this in mind. I think I read that I could upgrade to a dedicated IP down the road if need be.

Thanks for the info.... there is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much to learn.
          Like candles?
          You will love us.
          www.everydaywhims.com

Comment

Working...
          X