• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Import html file failed

Sam Haynes
    solutionsbysam.com
    UID: samiamhsd

I have started my first website several times now and am not getting anywhere.

1 I open BV with no problem; set properties with no problem.

2 First attempts to import sales letter failed.
    I got my text input field set up ok, expanded it to full width, hit edit text and attempted to paste my file from the clipboard. The file was very long but even with a page length property reset to 60000, I still could not get but a very small portion of the text to load.

3 I next went back into turorials and found a referance to importing text. I loaded my file into PageBreeze, inserted my affiliate code, deleted all the testimonials and saved the file. (Curious save address noted: Like this... ///c:/documents and settings/......../etc../.htm)

4 I set up for import html file according to BV tutorial, tried to import and got a pale green screen. Several attempts produced no different results. Nice shade of green tho, lime green, I think.

I'm embarrassed to admit I haven't even got off page one, yet. I am desperate for some input.
    Thanks in advance for any ideas and advice about this.

Sam

Re: Import html file failed

Sam,
    The longest journey ALWAYS startswith that first small step.............
    Break things down in to small managable steps.

i.e. The file was very long but even with a page length property reset to 60000, I still could not get but a very small portion of the text to load.

Consider using several smaller text boxes and copy and paste into the boxes.

Plan what you want to see on that first page.

Keep it short and to the point....expand the point on other pages.

Draw your clients INTO your other pages.

Above all, keep viewing the free how to videos and everything will fall into place.

There are lots of willing helpers here, so ask away...............

have fun
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Working...
    X