Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• renaming pages

client #26978

I originally named my pages incorrectly using a capitol letter in the name. I have tried to rename the pages with all lower case letters by opening the page and using save as in the file drop down. It responds by telling me that I already have a file as the lower case version. I replace it with the new one. When I open a page with BV, the name still shows as the version with the beginning capitol letter. My pages won't publish correctly - I simply get a list of all the files instead of my page. I tried going into backup where the files show as the lower case version, but when I publish those files, I still get a list of all the files associated with that page. Can anyone tell me how to correctly rename my pages with the lower case version that will publish correctly? Thanks again. JaneM
    Last edited by janem; 08-01-2008, 01:48 PM. Reason: not finished with explanation

Re: Having trouble renaming pages and publishing

Hi,
    Just open bv file right click with your mouse the option box open go to rename,click on it delate the old name e put the new name.
    gattopardo

Comment

Re: Having trouble renaming pages and publishing

The above will result in duplicate file on your website.

Use your bv ftp -
      tools/ftp manager -
      connect
      and delete the duplicate files (right side)

The left side contains all your files on your computer.............

Be careful............
      Have fun
      Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
      Newbies / Beginners Forum
      FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
      My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
      Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Re: renaming pages

Thanks for the help. I did get a response from help desk to create the a new bv folder and rename/save the files to the new folder and publish from there. It worked and the website is up. thanks again.

Comment

Working...
        X