Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there an updateable calendar available?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there an updateable calendar available?

My previous (and still current) website had/has a calendar which I could update to show which days we were fishing, days that were fully booked, that sort of thing. Is something similar through BlueVoda?

I'm still in the process of creating my new website so it's not uploaded yet.
    www.ArlineFishingCharter.co.nz
    www.NewZealandFishingCharter.com
    www.TwinPines.co.nz

Re: Is there an updateable calendar available?

Check in the Fantastico section of your cpanel...there's one there...
    Karen Williams
    Your Belief is Your Reality

Comment

Unfortunately I don't know how to log into "cpanel". The tutorials talk about being sent "the http address of cpanel in my welcome email" but none of the emails I received look as if they have this info.
      www.TwinPines.co.nz

Comment

If you click on cpanel in your Blue Voda builder, it takes you to a log in page...you will need to know what server your account is on...like I am on voda 22...find your server info on same email as your username and password for publishing pages...in the part that says: Attention!! - Domain Name - Name server Information

mine says ns1.voda22.c o m....so that means I'm on Voda 22

You can log in and check it out...may have to do tutorials more than once to understand some things there.

You can even get desktop shortcuts for your computer for your cpanel and webmail in there. (Drag and Drop onto desktop).

The Fantastico section is near the bottom of panel...the big blue smiley face.
        Last edited by karenwms63; 08-03-2008, 06:23 AM. Reason: grammar
        Karen Williams

Comment

Well at least I can stop searching through my emails as I haven't received the one you're talking about yet. I take it you don't get this information until after you supply your credit card info ?

I've been busy creating my web pages and previewing them in my browser. Because I already have an existing website I haven't approached VodaHost about publishing yet.

If I understand you correctly, once I'm ready to publish and supply my credit card info, then I'll be given access to cpanel?
          www.TwinPines.co.nz

Comment

oooops...so sorry...yes...but when you see all the options that are included in your account, you will find out why we all here are so crazy about VodaHost....

but here is where you can see if the calendar is what you are looking for...and can be set for many languages...I really like it, myself.
            Karen Williams

Comment

Thanks Karen, that helps a lot. Not quite the format I was looking for but it will be better than nothing (who knows, perhaps I'll get to like it better in the long run). Thanks for all your help
              www.TwinPines.co.nz

Comment

Sorry, cancel that last statement. I just had a further play and found that by selecting the "Month" only I get exactly what I was looking for. Many thanks, I prostrate myself at your feet in adoration of your vast knowledge
                www.TwinPines.co.nz

Comment

You can change the view, settings, colors, etc. It's pretty versatile compared to some I've looked at. I'm sure there are others available on the web, but I like the price ..."included with your hosting service"!

And you can upload what you want (if not that one) when you join!
                  Karen Williams

Comment

Originally posted by Muzza View Post
                    Many thanks, I prostrate myself at your feet in adoration of your vast knowledge
                    Oh My! Soooo not necessary...just fumbling my way around here, too.
                    Karen Williams

Comment

Hi Karen, finally had time to give your advice serious consideration ...... but .... I don't know who these guys are treating as their audience .... but they lost me well and truly. I downloaded and unzipped their file, read numerous instructions that may as well be written in Swahili and gave it up as a bad joke.

Thanks anyway

These guys need to to learn how to communicate on all levels
                      www.TwinPines.co.nz

Comment

There is quite a few use Google calendar on their sites. (Quick/Easy & FREE)
                        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Since it is a free application with your vodahost account...
                          why not ask a quote from one of our voda buddies to install and set it up for you?

Seems to me, that the cost would be reasonable...and that way you would be able to make sure it is exactly like you want it to be...

teeheehee...I am currently studying the "Swahili" of some other programs...LOL...

Good Luck
                          Karen Williams

Comment

Thanks all, for your advice. In the end I used a Google calendar. I heard somewhere that the more you use Google, the more Google loves you. So hopefully this helps my Google rating a bit.....no still only got 2/10. Worth a try anyway
                            www.TwinPines.co.nz

Comment

I personally dislike "attaching" anything Google to websites, and barely endure using the back-end Google Webmaster tools without feeling as if I am somehow letting Big Brother's dirty hands into my briefcase ...... (contrary to your hope that somehow Google tools will help your standing with Google, often they actually add more "noise" to your site which is not entirely contributory).

I do not see why you passed on using the Web Calendar available via Fantastico that comes with your account? It has all the capabilities you originally asked for and more, such as different views for User groups, email notices, total customization, etc.

I have used it successfully for many websites, and those to whom I have handed over Admin to rave about the simplicity of managing it and the features they uncover the longer they become familiar with it.
                              . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                              * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
                              X