Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• languages issue

Hi.

I started a new website from scratch, and installed joomla for it. I want it to be in Hebrew. I have the Hebrew language pack installed for admin and site.For some reason when I publish content it looks like this: ??????????????????

What could it be? Is it the server or something that has to do with vodahost? If yes, how do I fix this?

If not, could it be because I used Fantastico to install Joomla, and only after I added the language pack? Meaning that the Hebrew language was not part of the installation.

Thanks.
    FX-BAR Forex News
    My Forex Space Forex Community

Re: languages issue

The Fantastico! version of Joomla is still 1.5, so double-check that your add-on is the same version. Also, if you installed a template, be sure you change the fonts files and asscociations as well (all part of the instructions that come with the add-on), and that your template is also suited for the version you are running.

To best find help and solutions for your Joomla installation, find them in the Joomla Support Forums, and not in VodaTalk! See this thread for additonal resources.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

I would like to upload different languages to my website using different alphabets - eg chinese, arabic.
      although I have the content in Word, I can copy it into a text box in bv, but when i publish it comes up as jumble of characters.
      I have turned off the spell check in the options drop down, but have not seen any further instructions.
      I tried copying the text into paint and making it into a picture, but then i got shadowing - is there a better way of doing this.
      Thanks

Comment

Copy or write it using the note pad, Word does not play well with other programs, especailly BV.
        Reguards
        Ed
        www.dsondesigns.com
        www.marseillesyouthsports.com
        www.300hitter.com
        www.bigjk.net
        How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Hi,
          I have the text in word, and need to get it into BV then published. I have copied it okay into BV and it all looks perfect, but when I publish it is turning to symbols.
          I just tried to copy into note pad, but that made the text tiny, and lost the layout.
          Can you help further please?
          Thanks

Comment

Turning it into an image sounds like the way to go--what do you mean by "shadowing"?
            CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
            CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
            CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

Working...
            X